Are these new vinyl Muppets?

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
Are these really vinyl? They don't look like it.

Bush sheesh, talk about gouging suckers for money! These things better be more than 6 inches in height to even start to justify that price

Drtooth

Reaction score
Uh these don't exactly look official. Seems that these are hand made custom toys, that sort of kind of justifies the price. They look pretty good, but definitely not official.

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
*shrugs*

I don't follow toy designers so for all I know they are. Handmade and custom means nothing these days :/

Drtooth

Reaction score
If you look very close, these look pretty hand made. I'm sure these aren't official Disney products. I'm sure we would have heard of them months in advance if they were. It would be sad if they had a cease and desist letter and they couldn't get these things out.

Slackbot

Reaction score
They're a few inches tall, and they're blind boxed, meaning you don't know what you've bought until you open it. For $40. Um...no thanks.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Like I said in the other thread about these... Blind box comes from a poor understanding of Japanese toys, and basically the initial outsider popularity of Kid Robot figures before they became a thing (when they were essentially parodies of Very Japanese characters). Darn things don't even come with candy (oh, I could wax poetic about the Golgo 13 that came with something like Nestle Bunch a Krunch). Nor are they highly detailed build a busts (whatever happened to Bust Ups, anyway?)

These figures are customized Munnies/Dunnies

In case you never heard of/seen them.

They make it appoint to say these are not official. That's why they're called Pillaging Pop Culture. And as such, they look pretty much like unofficial custom Munnies. You can see the clay marks and everything. Other than Piggy looking way off, these look pretty okay, and I'm sure that 40 bucks a pop essentially means that these aren't cheap to make and they don't expect a lot of them sold.

Moreover, my bigger concern is... what the heck, Disney? Official, polished versions of these sorts of toys would be great. Something along the lines of Kid Robot's Simpsons/South Park/Family Guy/Futurama figures that these customs are clearly imitating. I'd still prefer the Funko Pop figures over them, though... still don't have a single one of them.