Are toy bubble pipes politically correct?

salemfan

Reaction score
Okay, we know that candy cigarettes are politically incorrect because they are believed to encourage smoking. Do any of you think bubble pipes encourage smoking?

For your information here's an article on bubble pipes:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bubble_pipe

Don'tLiveonMoon

Reaction score
Hehe. I always liked bubble pipes. I find them fun. Incidentally, in the new VeggieTales video "Lord of the Beans" - parody of "Lord of the Rings" - I couldn't help but notice that no one was smoking a pipe.
Erin

muppetsforever

Reaction score
teenintosesame said:
Okay, we know that candy cigarettes are politically incorrect because they are believed to encourage smoking. Do any of you think bubble pipes encourage smoking?

For your information here's an article on bubble pipes:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bubble_pipe

well i dont know that a "bubble pipe" would have the same effect on a child as the candy cigarettes could have only because of the childs environment. cigarettes are everywhere. how offten do you see someone somking a pipe now-a-days?

Kimp the Shrimp

Reaction score
my father was a big pipe smoker Pipes are more inside thing then on the street unless the a crack heads lol

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Ah, I used to have a ton of those bubble pipes! That were great fun! I used to have an old corn-cob pipe as a souvenier from The Museum of Appalachia.

MrsPepper

Reaction score
Oh my gosh D'Snowth, build a snowman and give the corn-cob pipe to him. **giggles** I've always wanted to do that...

HEY, I could give him a bubble pipe as a makeshift thing.

Oh right, the topic. I don't think it does too much harm, as noone really smokes pipes anymore. Whereas when I was little, people used to pretend to smoke candy cigarettes all the time. But then we were educated time and time again how bad they are for you...

I think I just muffined.

F

furryredmonster

As long as the family tells them never to smoke, ect reguarlly... I think it is no big deal. I decpice smoking myself. I hate being around cigarettes. I was eating a candy cigarette at lunch awhile back and we go in trouble.... i guess it encouraged smoking. We could eat them tho as long as we held them like a sucker, not a ciggarette. I've never seen a bubble pipe b4 though.

superfan

Reaction score
I would sooner hand my kid a bubble pipe than a toy gun...

Drtooth

Reaction score
Agreed. You see, I feel as bad as smoking is, at least it's a self destructive habit. Whereas gun play encourages violence towards others.

Besides, I STILL see bubble gum Cigars and candy cigs. It's not like a bubble pipe would really mess a child up.... unless they inhale by mistake....

Kimp the Shrimp

Reaction score
Toy guns look to real i remeber that a cop stopped us when i was like 15 cause we were plying with toy guns in the woods and someone thought they were realand called the cops