Are You A Muppetologist?

Amazing Mumford

Reaction score
Well, I'm apparently now a certified Muppetologist. I got 100%--even though one of the questions was wrong. Obviously, they meant Scooter's uncle and not dad in one of the questions. Cool quiz though.

Whatever

Reaction score
Plus they said Scooter was retired to show respect for Richard Hunt. As far as I know, there just wasn't a replacent performer for Richard.

GelflingWaldo

Reaction score
Whatever said:
Plus they said Scooter was retired to show respect for Richard Hunt. As far as I know, there just wasn't a replacent performer for Richard.
Umm... since Richards death I have seen Scooter appear several times in movies and productions. They really need to get their facts straight, I mean J.P.Gross is Scooters Uncle not his dad. But I still got 100% :wink:

salthemonkey

Reaction score
I did e-mail the guy about it being Scooter's uncle and not his dad. But I was wondering....does anyone have an extremly difficult Muppet quiz?

(I missed the question about Witches)

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
OK, took the quiz, and now I'm certified as a full-fledged Muppetologist as well.
Score: 100%, 10 out of 10 questions correct.

Thoughts:
1 How can it be that the question asking about Uncle Deadly's identity was the hardest question to answer?
2 In my opinion, the toughest question was number 3 about what most Muppets have in common.
3 As for Question 9, it's an easy answer if you know who performed each of the characters listed as options.
BTW: Questions 3 and 9 tied for second hardest.
4 What you guys are nitpicking about Question 8 is partially misleading. See, the first thing is to correct the guy that the character he's talking about, J.P. Grosse, is Scooter's uncle and not his dad. Then, it's easier to answer what was the profession of Scooter's uncle, which is what the question's rully asking.
5 As for Question 7, "Whatever" is Gonzo's species' name. But if you want to get truly technical, they dispelled all of that in MFS, explaining that Gonzo is an alien from another planet.
But then again, we here at Muppet Central know that the roles in all the movies are partly fictional and partly non-fictional.
Hope this helps and have a good night.

Whatever

Reaction score
GelflingWaldo said:
Umm... since Richards death I have seen Scooter appear several times in movies and productions. They really need to get their facts straight, I mean J.P.Gross is Scooters Uncle not his dad. But I still got 100% :wink:
Yeah, I know that he has been shown, but he was retired for a while, and it might be an old quiz, so I gave them the benefit of the doubt.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Well, actually... On the home page of NBC San Diego, before clicking on the link that'll take you to the quiz, it says that the quiz was originally made and posted in the month of June 2004 and was updated as of yesterday, 11/11/2004.
There's even a link to "Write to Them" after you finish the quiz. Maybe someone can contact them with the corrections in mind? Just a thought.

Docnzhoss

Reaction score
I took the quizzes. 9 out of 10 (Scooter's dad??? I thought maybe I had missed that information so I put Muppet test pilot), 10 of 10 on Bobbi's quiz and 9 of 9 on the Henson quiz. They were fun.