Are You Metrosexual?

jediX

Reaction score
Does your son know about that one? lol

Beebers

Reaction score
Gadzooks, I forgot about that. FISH, are you there? Uh oh.

Actually I think I have told him that story. Hope I have.

:cool:

jediX

Reaction score
Whoops. Sounds like that Halloween Roseanne episode where she goes in cognito as a man to the bar...heh heh...

Let's just hope I don't accidentally link him here :wink: hehe

Whatever

Reaction score
Beebers said:
Gadzooks, I forgot about that. FISH, are you there? Uh oh.

Actually I think I have told him that story. Hope I have.

*giggles uncontrollably*
My mom and her best friend Meredith were wild teenagers, and Meredith tells me all the dirty stories. Like Mom and Meredith went canoeing across the lake during a storm (in a METAL canoe- VERY dangerous) to the Boy Scout camp to hang out with the guys and to bring one of them a birthday cake. Wild things! I hope Meredith tells me some more like that this summer LOL!

Beebers

Reaction score
FISH is well-acquainted with my colorful life, he finds it very entertaining. He's Mr. Clean, and I'm (was) (was?) the delinquent. It all worked out well.

I did a lot of stuff just to see if I could, or on dares. Close your ears, young'uns. Got my first head injury that way, as a matter of fact. NOT in the stripjoint.

FISH is Mr. Conservative except for downhill skiing and BMX, a wild man there.

dmx10101

Reaction score
Amazing Mumford said:
Since there seems to be some understandable confusion about the term here's the definion according to wordspy.com:

(met.roh.SEK.shoo.ul) n. An urban male with a strong aesthetic sense who spends a great deal of time and money on his appearance and lifestyle.
—metrosexuality n.

Based on the above definition, I don't think the Muppets or any of the shows indicate metrosexuality. A stereotypical mextrosexual would probably be more interested in MTV, HBO shows like the Sopranos, or even Sportscenter. He would read GQ and Maxim and shop at the GAP, American Eagle, etc. At least, that's my understanding of the term. And, no, I don't consider myself one.
Well,
I wouldn't consider myself one.I don't know what "a stong aestetic sense" is, I don't spend a great deal of time on my appearance. Some money though, hey Rocawear and Phat Farm, and South Pole, etc. are expensive. I watch MTV, but not the Sopranos, or sportscenter. I don't read GQ, sometimes Maxim, I've never been in Gap or American Eagle in my life. So, yea I don't think I'm Metrosexual.

Beebers

Reaction score
My identical cousin Zoot qualifies in many ways, though he thinks the Sopranos are all idiots, prefers GQ to Maxim, and doesn't spend on clothes the way he used to because he can't get work. He still dresses sharp though.

Beebers

Reaction score
I just saw the term used in The New York Post this morning, in a non-straight-guy context/reference.
I've known tons of straight guys who are stylish, spiffy, fit the metrosexual definition. Interesting. Oh, well, doesn't matter. Beats backward baseball caps etc., it's nice when people dress a little bit.

jediX

Reaction score
Whats wrong w/ hats? Its easier than the alternative lol

Beebers

Reaction score
I love hats on anyone, and FISH has quite a collection of very cool ones which he does wear. The backward-baseball cap thing was an irritant to me because the guys were so much more attractive either with it facing forward or with other sorts of hats, or no hats. It was an unfortunate style trend to me, but that's just me, I never saw one guy who looked good with it. To each their own, to be sure. (I knew I'd bug somebody with the cap reference.)

I'm just old enough to remember when guys really dressed, and it was nice, that's all. Made the world look better.