Arm Rods

Ryan

Reaction score
If I remember correctly,they are called Welder's Sticks. They are a very good thickness and won't bend unless you want them too. It also isn't entirley necessary to paint them black. If they are silver, they aren't very noticeable.

scarylarrywolf

Reaction score
Ryan's on the right track with welder's rods. That's what I've been using and they are AWESOME. They already come straight as an arrow and they're the hardest things to bend (I usually use some HEAVY-DUTY pliers and/or a vice grip). They're found at Lowes Hardware. I'll copy down the entire tag in insane detail here for anyone interested:

"Steel Works" D13
WELD STL -- RND (C.R.)
1/8" -- 4 FT
SKU# 69857 INV 225865

...And here's the bar code, as if it will help:

0 40395 50402 8

--"Scary" Larry Wolf

puppets_etc

Reaction score
Originally posted by scarylarrywolf
"Steel Works" D13
WELD STL -- RND (C.R.)
1/8" -- 4 FT
SKU# 69857 INV 225865
...And here's the bar code, as if it will help:
0 40395 50402 8
Every little bit helps, thanks! I have a Lowes right down the street from work, and I needed to pick up some florescent yellow spray paint for my art project anyway (moon puppet:big_grin:), so I'll look for that too.

Deb:flirt:

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Talking about puppet projects: I canNOT wait to finish my Mahna Mahna puppet!! I need orange and emerald green long-pile shag fur--BAD!!! Need half a yard of orange and a full yard emerald green, because if it turns out good, I'm going to make ONE MORE and ebay it maybe.

This info on arm rods will come in SUPER "Handy!!" HAA!!:embarrassed:

scarylarrywolf

Reaction score
I COMPLETELY sympathize with you, Foz. I absolutely hate it when fabric stores stop stocking the fur you only need two feet more of! I had to finish a grandma puppet I made with felt because they stopped dying fleece the same color; and I'm in the middle of re-making one of my puppets that uses really common fur that they ALWAYS used to carry until now when I need it most.

Where does all that fur go? Who could possibly need it more than I do?

--"Scary" Larry Wolf