1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

Arm Rods?

Discussion in 'Puppet Building and Performing' started by Rowlfy, Sep 11, 2012.

Buy the Muppets Most Wanted Blu-ray and Save 43%!

1. Rowlfy

Rowlfy Member

Does anybody have a link for good arm rods for sale?
    http://www.thepuppetstore.com/product_p/rod.htm <----these are....decent and not expensive but I am looking for ones I can build inside the puppet.

Thanks!

Rowlfy
    From the Gone to the Dogs Crew
  2. Blink

Blink Member

You could always buy those and simply glue them inside the hands.
    TheCreatureWork likes this.
  3. Slackbot

Slackbot Well-Known Member

4. Animal31

Animal31 Active Member

If you are talking about making the arm rods permanent, meaning they cannot be removed from the hand, then I would guess you would have to slightly alter any arm rods you purchased. Bend the top into an "L" and glue them between two pieces of foam before inserting into the hand...
  5. Slackbot

I was unable to bend the ones I bought. So, I attached a safety pin bent to a right angle to the rod, with the sharp point down and the "latch" sticking out, and glued that into the foam. Worked perfectly.

I'd like to come up with a way to have detachable arm rods without rubber bands or other such ugliness, but so far no ideas have presented themselves. So, my puppet has a modular arm.
  6. Animal31

Animal31 Active Member

I just came across some on Etsy, already bent, for $9.99.....
  7. Buck-Beaver

Buck-Beaver Active Member

Why not just make your own? With a little practice you'll able to get them exactly the way you want that way. Swazzle has a great tutorial here.
    TheCreatureWork likes this.
  8. Rowlfy

Rowlfy Member

Wow! Thanks to everyone for their great help! I'll look into all of the great tips and use them for my rod puppets for my puppet show!
  9. Slackbot

When I go to that page I only see an "0". In fact, the whole site seems to be MIA.
  10. TheCreatureWork

TheCreatureWork Active Member

Worked fine for me.
  11. Slackbot

Hmm. From work I can see it. That's peculiar.

This looks like a good tutorial. I won't be using it because it requires tools and equipment that I don't have, and since I don't need many arm rods it wouldn't be a great investment. However, I will check out that Plasti Dip stuff. That looks like it could be very useful indeed.