Arms

punkNpuppets

Reaction score
first off i'd like to say...i havent posted in a month or so...well now i'm back!

anyways, i'm making a rod puppet and i don't know how to make arms. these aren't thin Grover-like arms, i want fatter arms than that, still a rod puppet, but with fatter arms. almost like Miss Piggy.

http://members.aol.com/mstrcrowley666/images/skin.jpg thats him, i sort of drew the arms a bit short though.

so how do i make Miss Piggy arms?

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Are you sure you're wanting to make him as a rod puppet, or a hand puppet?

punkNpuppets

Reaction score
yes i'm sure. ive never seen a puppet with bare-arms and working hands. if he had working hands, he'd b a working handed working class

Ryan

Reaction score
No, I think he means the traditional Inidan type Rod puppets with unmoveable mouths (See Muppets on Puppets)

BorkBork

Reaction score
AFAIK, henson makes 2 tubes of foam for each arm, with dolljoints in them. Look at this pic for fraggles foam-bodies.

BryanS

Reaction score
Hey Bork,
The link for your PIC didn't work. Do you have some kind of diagram of the joint you are talking about. I'm not sure if I know what a (Doll joint) looks like, and how would you go about attaching it to the foam tubes for the arms. I am trying to make Kermit the frog type arms. Is this (doll joint) you are talking about used on Kermit the frog too? If you would, email me some info on how to make foam arms and joints.
Thanks
Bryan

BorkBork

Reaction score
Ooops, sorry, i switched servers. It was originally on my forum, but i don't have the forum on my new server. The picture is here now. I got that pic from the user called video567.

I'll get back to you on where to find doll joint's if i can find any.

/Anders