Art of the Muppets poster

Muppetnimba

Reaction score
Hi all,
I'm a newbie here looking for a quick bit of advice.

I bought a copy of a Muppets poster at a flea market in Vancouver over 10 years ago. It is the one show on your 'Posters' page, with the words 'The Art of the Muppets' on it, with Kermit, Yorick, and Cookie Monster along with a variety of Muppet props and collectibles through the first 25 years of The Jim Henson Company.

I've never seen it anywhere except on this website, which is why I thought I'd ask what (if anything) it's worth.

I'm just going through a lot of my old memorabila right now and this is the only Henson piece I have... however I have got just too much stuff now and some of it has to go, so I'm just trying to decide whether to sell it for a few bucks or keep it, so any advice you can give would be appreciated.

I'm based in the UK.

Thanks in advance!

Kaiser Gonzo

Reaction score
It has most likley come from one of the museums or centres that were doing the Art of The Muppets exhibitions.
Its gotta be worth quite a bit. If i were u id keep it the Muppet collectable market has'nt reaches its highest peak yet, but it sure will

Muppetnimba

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply.
On the page that refers to it on this site (which I can't post a link to as I'm a newbie) it says that it was made by Hallmark. (Actually I've just gone back and had a look - I don't think that this particular one was made by Hallmark. There is no printers info on it, just copyright and the year it was made.)

Do you know if this is something that was in general circulation or was it just made for the exhibition you mentioned...?

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
This is one of my favorite Muppet posters. We have it framed. I've seen it go for $40-$50 on eBay a couple times.

Muppetnimba

Reaction score
Well folks, thank you all for taking the time to reply, the info you've been given has been GREAT!