Arthur Voice Comparisons

MikaelaMuppet

Reaction score
I found this video on YouTube that has all of the voices of Arthur. Which one was your favorite and which one was your least favorite?

mr3urious

Reaction score
I've noticed how well the VAs matched up with each other until Cameron Ansell came along.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Michael Yarmush is voicing Slink now since he's become one of the Tough Customers for some reason.

I believe Mark Rendall is also voicing that new teenager who works at the Sugar Bowl these past couple of seasons.

mr3urious

Reaction score
Michael Yarmush is voicing Slink now since he's become one of the Tough Customers for some reason
Reminds me of how the original voice for Arnold on Hey Arnold, Toran Caudell, would end up voicing Torvald, a kid who was held back due to bad grades.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Reminds me of how the original voice for Arnold on Hey Arnold, Toran Caudell, would end up voicing Torvald, a kid who was held back due to bad grades.
Didn't he also voice Wolfgang when his voice broke? Likewise, King Bob on RECESS? I know HEY ARNOLD! and RECESS used some of the same voice actors... on the former Francesca Smith voiced Helga and on the former she voiced Upside Down Girl, Anndi McAfee voiced Phoebe on Arnold and Ashley A. on Recess, and the guy who voiced Harold on Arnold (I forget his name at the moment) voiced the similarly overweight bully Gellman on Recess.

Drtooth

Reaction score
The only recast voice actor I really have a beef with is Sue Ellen's. She sounds too nasal or something.

But yeah. This is why most cartoons shy away from real child voice actors and just have women do childish voices. You have to recast the heck out of them.
That said, I absolutely love how they handled the recast on Amazing World of Gumball in the most fourth wall breakingest satirical way possible.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
The only recast voice actor I really have a beef with is Sue Ellen's. She sounds too nasal or something.
I agree, she sounds like a milder version of Muffy... and on top of that, Catherine sounds too young as well (since they were both voiced by the same voice actress); Catherine sounds more like a little kid and less like a teenager.
But yeah. This is why most cartoons shy away from real child voice actors and just have women do childish voices. You have to recast the heck out of them.
I just recently learned that the production staff actually has a regulation that all kid voice actors have to "retire" from ARTHUR once they reach the age of thirteen, no exceptions; but as I've said before, my main beef has been for years, they've been getting kids who sound far too young to voice Arthur... up after Mark Rendall and up till the start of 9 Story, Arthur has sounded more like D.W. and D.W. has sounded more like a raspy chipmunk; now for the current season, Arthur sounds like a girl, but D.W. actually sounds more like her original voice than she has in years.

That, take a look at this:

This is the guy who does the voice of Mr. Ratburn and Bionic Bunny... I don't know, I just can't imagine an animated yet resonate voice like Ratburn's coming from a face like that.

MikaelaMuppet

Reaction score
Here are pictures of all the voice actors.

Last edited: