Arthur - Where is the Show Going?

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I'm still sick of the current cycle they have of always playing the really bad episodes almost non-stop, then rarely playing any of the good decent episodes.

We get Seasons Six and and Nine through current like four or five weeks on in, and maybe only a week's worth of episodes from Season One through Four or Seven and Eight at the most. Maybe two weeks, if we're lucky.

Drtooth

Reaction score
PBS does that with ALL their shows. Trying to rerun a certain group of episodes ad nasuem to try and stretch the show's number of episodes. Often times I'll see the same 5 episodes of Martha Speaks week after week... same with Word Girl... and it's almost like they only have 5 episodes of that Cat in the Hat thing.

Now, they could go the sitcom rerun route and just air all 100+ episodes in order over the span of a year, where you're guaranteed to see each one at least 3 times in the span of a year... but they choose not to because they want to hide those so they look like "rarely seen" or even "new" episodes toy younger kids. They do this with everything, and it's the reason why we have to wait a whole year to see episodes of Arthur Australia already saw. Same reason why it takes almost 4 or 5 months to see 26 episodes of Sesame Street.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I'm still sick of the current cycle they have of always playing the really bad episodes almost non-stop, then rarely playing any of the good decent episodes.
I'm now not only sick of the current cycle of their episodes, but now I'm to the point where I want to head down to the top PBS headquarters, wherever it is, and beg them to at least start playing the episodes in order or something.

Drtooth

Reaction score
They do this, for the hundreth time, for EVERYTHING! They either run all the new episodes for 3 weeks straight, or if you miss them you have to wait 2 months for them to start running the heck out of them. There are episodes of stuff I haven't seen in months, and episodes I saw the last week.

They're VERY stingy with their episodes. Trying to get a week's worth of material to last months.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Fifteen years. My God. I was six when Arthur started airing. I can remember watching episodes with my brother when we got home from first grade... That's so weird.
I remember my Mother reading me the book Arthur's Eyes, long before there was a TV show, lol. (Personally I liked him better in the books, but that's just me. :wink: ).

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Another something that's crossed my mind recently is this:

Is it me, or does it seem like the celebrity cameos are forced anymore? Seems like we HAVE to have a celebrity cameo at least once a season.

Though, slightly off-topic, but I didn't realize until recently that Philip Seymour Hoffman was not only a pwnsome actor, but was also a successful stage director as well.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Is it me, or does it seem like the celebrity cameos are forced anymore?
Yeah... that's not happening with Sesame Street now... focusing on the fact that there are celebrities and not the actual cast...

But yeah, seems we have to have one a season now... half the time they play parody versions of themselves for some reason.

The Shoe Fairy

Reaction score
Yeah, it is getting that way. I have enjoyed Lance Armstrong's appearances, and the Phillip Seymour Hoffman episode is one of my personal favourites.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Now that PBS is playing Season One episodes again, finally, I haven't realized until now that Buster, Francine, and Binky actually all sound OLDER in the early episodes than they do now.

Drtooth

Reaction score
And Buster's skin tone is darker than his tongue!

The only major improvement I think the show went over the later the series went on? Losing those freaky light pink tongues! They never looked right.