Arthur - Where is the Show Going?

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Wha...buh...why? :frown:
I don't know, maybe they're getting lazy trying to figure out which specific title card should be used for which specific episode.

But then again, I've noticed a few of the older ones have long been retired... I mean, how long has it been since they used that one with the sudden rainstorm, prompting Arthur to dig for an umbrella? Or Francine beating on the circle like a gong with Arthur inside? Or D.W. chasing after her toad? That one with Binky's bubblegum seemed to only last a season. Then of course, some of the newer ones weren't particularly good, like with the kids hatching out of an egg and running away from a giant chicken, or the slot-machine one.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Well, I just wanted to let you guys know that I'm dying.

I was having some fries, and some of them were green, but they were so pretty, I couldn't NOT eat them, even though I know they're deadly...

So, in my final days, I wish to fly the highest kite in the world, drink an entire ocean, take a bite out of the sun, watch Mary Moo-Cow Christmas specials in May, and take up ballet, as these are my dying wishes.

Drtooth

Reaction score
But then again, I've noticed a few of the older ones have long been retired... I mean, how long has it been since they used that one with the sudden rainstorm, prompting Arthur to dig for an umbrella? Or Francine beating on the circle like a gong with Arthur inside? Or D.W. chasing after her toad? That one with Binky's bubblegum seemed to only last a season. Then of course, some of the newer ones weren't particularly good, like with the kids hatching out of an egg and running away from a giant chicken, or the slot-machine one.
Personally, I hated when they started announcing titles, and redubbing title names in existing episodes. I swear first season, the titles were clean and they had more dialogue in the title card sequences.

I swear there was something where D.W. wore her blankey like a super hero cape and the announcer said something like "Faster and more annoying than a mosquito... it's SUPER SISTER!!!!" and they just cut the dialogue and said the episode title over it.

And I swear they only did stuff over the title card because Cinar did something similar with The Busy World of Richard Scary.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
The synopsis for today's new episode:

TV Guide said:
Arthur lets the attention he's getting from his new glasses go to his head.
Just when I thought they weren't scraping the bottom of the barrel enough, now they're literally looking UNDER the barrel for stories.

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
Don't insult the barrel. Its not its fault they ran out of ideas. It was overworked.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Just when I thought they weren't scraping the bottom of the barrel enough, now they're literally looking UNDER the barrel for stories.
I don't see how that's so much being out of ideas so much as an idea I'm shocked they hadn't done sooner.

Me? I've had that problem with glasses before. They don't make frames like the ones that you had and you have to get something new anytime the frames give out or you lose those insipid screws and can't get replacements. I had to get an expensive set of frames just to salvage the lenses I had in one pair. It was far cheaper than getting new lenses all together.

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
Hopefully I'll remember to watch it today and give a valid opinion on it :smirk: