Arthur - Where is the Show Going?

Hubert

Reaction score
I mean...well...I'm not sure what I mean exactly. Wikis could be from another planet as far as my understanding of them goes. Like...what is appropriate to add? How much detail is too much/not enough? What is encouraged and what is frowned upon when making edits? Stuff like that
Well, as long the info somehow relates to the subject at hand, in this case Arthur, Postcards From Buster, and the Arthur specials, it is pretty much good to go. Pages are subjects like a character, a pet, a car, a house, an episode, a book, etc. The main things in Arthur can be subjects of pages. However a page titled "Hat" archiving all of the hats characters have worn wouldn't be a good page because of how big and generic that would be. We also have some special different pages, like a collection of inside jokes or character name origins. There isn't really a too much/not enough detail thing. The amount of detail added is what was added and we'll deal with it. I'd say that the more detail the better in most edits. Another important thing is that wikis always remain neutral, that they don't have opinionated sentences.

That's a bit of info, feel free to ask more questions.

Drtooth

Reaction score
You know what's annoying? They're holding the last episode until June. I'm REALLY sick of how they stagger these PBS shows.

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
Ugh...one of those icky Pal and Kate episodes is on today. I really don't understand the point of these episodes. They are poorly executed and everything about them just seems wrong

Drtooth

Reaction score
Ugh...one of those icky Pal and Kate episodes is on today. I really don't understand the point of these episodes. They are poorly executed and everything about them just seems wrong
There are only 2 good ones. I liked the one about Kate growing up and out of touch with Pal... and I do kinda like the concept of D.W. growing apart with Nadine. Just... it's not that great a concept when they do it all that much.

But I really disliked the second cartoon about the old lady and Sue Ellen being on a train. Other than the fact the word "Pedo" kept creeping into my head the entire time, I really hated the fact that it was clearly a Fern episode with Sue Ellen instead.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
THANK YOU!

I've been saying it for years, those Pal and Kate episodes are AWFUL! Their badness level is that of making Nostalgia Critic scream like a girl franatically... that's how bad they are.

Drtooth

Reaction score
It really seems like half the time they're trying to force spinoffs that aren't strong enough to carry a full series, and just dumping them there. Not that those would be spinoffs... but it just has that feeling like its supposed to be another show.

I'm starting to really agree. They are quite lame. I especially dislike the episode about Binky's sister refuses to walk until that Italian Flea just so happens to appear and tell a lousy story for no apparent reason. Binky's sister has such an abrasive, annoying persona.

Still, I'd rather see a whole season of those than one more "In My Africa" type episode. You KNOW they're working on another one.

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
Eh...I disagree. "In My Africa" was bad, but those episodes are just mind numbing. Kate has literally no charm, Pal is just annoying.

Honestly the only good character is Nemo, and thats a stretch to say the least.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Eh...I disagree. "In My Africa" was bad, but those episodes are just mind numbing. Kate has literally no charm, Pal is just annoying.
I swear they're going to make more episodes like that. I can feel it in my bones.

The Kate episodes have a cute concept, but half the time it's just screwed up. However, I really think the episode about the sock market crash being due to one rich guy hoarding all the currency was something that needed to be said. Unfortunately, they were talking to kids instead of who needs to listen to that lesson the most.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I rewatched the episode where D.W. gets a library card and noticed this...

D.W. openly brags that she can spell single letters.

Mary moo Cow FAILS as an educator.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
DOH-hohohohoho!

I might as well play along, because as it turns out, D.W. was partly responsible for the world being blown up...