Arthur - Where is the Show Going?

Oscarfan

Reaction score
Some schools (such as mine) have school through half of June.

APRena

Reaction score
Some schools (such as mine) have school through half of June.
We're getting out JUNE FIRST this year! This is awesome news, because school lasted until the 17th last year. Stupid snow. What I do not understand is that Memorial day is the 31st, but we still have to come back on the 1st for 2 hours or something, instead of getting out the 28th.

Drtooth

Reaction score
What would they be doing in school in JUNE?
Snow days? And regionally, Kids don't end school until midway through June. Our kids don't get out of school until about June 20th on average.

There is one other thing I wanna mention:

The book that Mr. Crosswire gets for his birthday from Bailey? it's a play... I had to read it once... and lemme just tell you...Samuel freaking Beckett... You might as well be reading it in Greek... or another language with different characters and letters than English. Made no dang sense to me.
But what a great hidden joke ti go over kid's heads.

Xerus

Reaction score
Does anyone find it annoying when Brain starts being a know-it-all? Like whenever they're watching a TV show or reading a book, Brain starts mentioning how every little detail is so illogical. And when someone writes a story, Brain ruins it by telling them the mistakes they made like animals can't talk or use tools and how the calculations to do something are wrong. Also when just talking regularly with friends and family, Brain usually tries to correct everyone's grammar.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Does anyone find it annoying when Brain starts being a know-it-all? Like whenever they're watching a TV show or reading a book, Brain starts mentioning how every little detail is so illogical. And when someone writes a story, Brain ruins it by telling them the mistakes they made like animals can't talk or use tools and how the calculations to do something are wrong. Also when just talking regularly with friends and family, Brain usually tries to correct everyone's grammar.
You mean that episode where Francine calls Brain a pest, and then he has a dream sequence where he's a bug, and everyone at school is out to get him because he's a bug - figuratively AND literally? That was actually one of my favorites, I don't know why... but one of my favorite quotes from that episode...

ARTHUR: Everybody can be annoying sometimes... Muffy's a show-off, Binky can be a bully, Buster eats my desserts when I'm not looking...
BUSTER: Huh? Well, what about Francine? She can be a real big mouth.
FRANCINE: WHAT? ! WHO ARE YOU CALLIN' A BIG MOUTH? !
BRAIN: I guess you're right...
FRANCINE: (Screaming) I AM NOT A BIG MOUTH! ! !

Xerus

Reaction score
You mean that episode where Francine calls Brain a pest, and then he has a dream sequence where he's a bug, and everyone at school is out to get him because he's a bug - figuratively AND literally? That was actually one of my favorites, I don't know why... but one of my favorite quotes from that episode...

ARTHUR: Everybody can be annoying sometimes... Muffy's a show-off, Binky can be a bully, Buster eats my desserts when I'm not looking...
BUSTER: Huh? Well, what about Francine? She can be a real big mouth.
FRANCINE: WHAT? ! WHO ARE YOU CALLIN' A BIG MOUTH? !
BRAIN: I guess you're right...
FRANCINE: (Screaming) I AM NOT A BIG MOUTH! ! !
Yep, that was the episode. Brain even told his own mother that she shouldn't end her sentence with a preposition.

There was also an episode where Buster was sick of Brain always being right. So he kept asking Brain these non-stop questions about math and countries hoping he'd get at least one answer wrong.

Also when Mr. Ratburn gives the class really impossible tests, Brain becomes very happy and excited.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
You know, I know never to take video comments seriously, but after reading some of the comments on "Arthur's Knee" on YT... now I'm going to have disturbing images in my mind whenever I watch that episode now.

APRena

Reaction score
You know, I know never to take video comments seriously, but after reading some of the comments on "Arthur's Knee" on YT... now I'm going to have disturbing images in my mind whenever I watch that episode now.
Curiosity killed the cat...

WHY is it that people take innocent kids' shows and make them all sick and twisted? NO puppet is gay, and obviously that wasn't meant like THAT...

Gelfling Girl

Reaction score
WHY is it that people take innocent kids' shows and make them all sick and twisted? NO puppet is gay, and obviously that wasn't meant like THAT...
I can't believe the nerve of some people to do that. :mad: