Arthur - Where is the Show Going?

Mo Frackle

Reaction score
I remember catching an old Postcards from Buster segment (by this point, the series itself was no more; a brief segment featuring one kid was tacked onto the ending of an Arthur episode... do they still do that?)

I was really annoyed by the first thing that came out of Buster's mouth: "Hey, Buster Bunny here!". .... Buster Bunny? Really?

A similar thing happened on a post-season 3 episode of SpongeBob. At one point in the "special" where the annoying yellow jerk loses his memory, Sandy Cheeks is called "Sandy Squirrel".

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I just now noticed that in the new Story 9 episodes, all their tongues are white again.

Drtooth

Reaction score
The episode where George invents his own language was on today, and it drives me nuts. Of ALL the characters on the show that should have known that George was basically doing American Sign Language, a crude version of it anyway, was Brain. Brain the character that corrects every other character every single time they talk to him. Brain failed to point that out in the episode and it totally lost me.

As for 9 Story, the ONE scene I feel is the worst piece of animation is where Grandma Thora is playing that Lawyer Friendly Angry Birds game, and she was moving about.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Of ALL the characters on the show that should have known that George was basically doing American Sign Language, a crude version of it anyway, was Brain. Brain the character that corrects every other character every single time they talk to him. Brain failed to point that out in the episode and it totally lost me.
It seems like occasionally, shows like this like to try and point out that these smart characters aren't ALWAYS as smart as they appear to be.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I guess Brain had the idiot ball or something. I dunno... it seems like they purposely made the smartest kid on the show forget something obvious for the sake of a non-plot. Seriously... the entire episode feels like it was rushed out to fill a quota. It has a concept and almost a plot, but it just peters out and becomes nonsense.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Heh! PBS is pulling the two different episodes featuring Lance Armstrong from the air now.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Uh yeah, he recently admitted that he's a big, fat, lyin' lie-faced liar.

In other words: yeah, he really did dope up when he said he didn't.

Powerstars

Reaction score
I remember catching an old Postcards from Buster segment (by this point, the series itself was no more; a brief segment featuring one kid was tacked onto the ending of an Arthur episode... do they still do that?)

I was really annoyed by the first thing that came out of Buster's mouth: "Hey, Buster Bunny here!". .... Buster Bunny? Really?
Yeah, that bothered me too.

A similar thing happened on a post-season 3 episode of SpongeBob. At one point in the "special" where the annoying yellow jerk loses his memory, Sandy Cheeks is called "Sandy Squirrel".
So, are you saying you don't like Spongebob the character, post-season 3?