Arthur - Where is the Show Going?

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
Huh? I'm sorry. I was too busy having a fangasm over Slink having actual lines

Drtooth

Reaction score
I got to admit, that clip was actually kinda funny.

I'm sorry, but Slink seems out of place as a Tough Customer... he wasn't even a Tough Customer to begin with, I don't know why they suddenly just threw him into the mix. And what happened to that other Tough Customer? The brown dog, I think he wore an orange shirt with the sleeves torn off.
Oh, you mean Unnamed 4th Grade Male Dog?

I swear Slink was a Tough Customer in like, one episode.

Confound these Stuffed Custards! They drive me to DRINK!!!!!

dinoboy

Reaction score
I enjoyed watching Arthur. I remember how funny it was when Arthur and D.W. argued on who they asked to perform at the school library. Arthur and Francine got her uncle and his one man band, and D.W. got Yo Yo Ma. Well when they met at the library and argued that they already got a musician and the other should just leave. Well D.W. then tells Arthur "Well it's too late Yo Mamma Says his Comin." And Grandma Thora corrects D.W. by saying "Yo Yo Ma dear." What D.W. said was so funny.
And I laughed and thought it was soo cool for the Once Upon a Restaurant, and Arthur's Lucky Pencil. Not to mention when Arthur used his dad's catering business to make cakes and pies to make him more popular, and sadly his dad falls behind in his work.
And I can relate to that song that drove Arthur nuts "Crazy Bus". During the Christmas special, while everyone was in the car, the radio annonced the annoying commercial for Tina the talking tabby, which D.W. wanted sooo bad. Arthur complained that the song gave him a headache and asked his mom to change the station. Lo and behold after she does, the Crazy Bus song starts to play. Poor Arthur.
But D.W. was the hero when she managed to prove that just because she's little she can do important things, like go into the organ at church and get the wedding ring that Arthur accidentally tossed into the organ's pipes. I can see the envy and jealousy of D.W. wanting to be the flower girl, but her cousin Cora got it as she was older.
But remember the horror that Arthur felt during their Read family reunion when his cousin, ( a girl) whom teased him and dressed him like a baby for laughs was coming over and he did everything he could to stay away from her.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Okay... someone besides me has to have found this new episode pretty funny. I'm really liking these Tough Customer based episodes. How come in these shows the bullies are absolutely hilarious? Gian, Buford, Nelson Muntz... they're always a scream.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I've missed the last two new episodes, but from what I've heard from other reviews, they sound like (surprise-surprise) rehashes of older plots.

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
I haven't been watching it period. I haven't been able to wake up in time

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I'm lucky it comes on 4:00 in the afternoon for me, but for the past two days, I've been EXTREMELY busy and missed them.

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
Well, I was in class at 4 when I was in school, but now I have service learning and I don't get home until almost 4:30. Maybe I should just start recording it.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I've missed the last two new episodes, but from what I've heard from other reviews, they sound like (surprise-surprise) rehashes of older plots.
Maybe sort of, but these last two episodes are far better than the first crop of season 16. I liked the one about the malfunctioning computer thing, as completely unrealistic and 2001: A Space Odyssey as it seemed. But the others weren't much fun, say the least of Ladonna's introductory episode. I highly recommend The Last Tough Customer... even the second cartoon that came after it. The one where Brain has to tutor Buster (which is a double recycled bit) was pretty good too.

I'll say this in its defense... a show that's been on 16 years? Of course it's going to have to reuse ideas.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I saw today's new episode... already wrote up a lengthily review over at Hubert's forum and don't really feel like repeating all the details, but I will say that on the whole, I enjoyed the entire episode today, with "Buster's Book Battle" being a little better than "On the Buster Scale", as well as liking the messages that both entries had to offer.

The animation keeps going back and forth though... there were times where it was just plain awful and lazy (Binky walking around the school yard in the beginning looked like a poorly manipulated wooden marionette), but other times where it was really smooth and fluid almost more like traditional animation.