1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 49
    Sesame Street's 49th season officially began Saturday November 17 on HBO. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

Arthur - Where is the Show Going?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by D'Snowth, Oct 15, 2009.

1. MikaelaMuppet

MikaelaMuppet Well-Known Member

Has there been official confirmation yet about the show also?

2. mr3urious

mr3urious Well-Known Member

And considering that even WGBH doesn't air it as often anymore according to Drtooth many years ago, that's a good sign.

3. MikaelaMuppet

Do they even still air the show at all? I know NHPBS still does.

4. Any Del

Any Del Well-Known Member

If it's true that good. They've milked it death.

LittleJerry92 likes this.
  5. Pig's Laundry

Pig's Laundry Well-Known Member

The List:
    • A̶r̶t̶h̶u̶r̶
    • F̶a̶i̶r̶l̶y̶ ̶O̶d̶d̶ ̶P̶a̶r̶e̶n̶t̶s̶
    • Family Guy
    • The Simpsons
    • SpongeBob

6. LittleJerry92

LittleJerry92 Well-Known Member

I would kill for those last three to die.

7. MikaelaMuppet

I wonder why FOP ended.

8. MuppetSpot

MuppetSpot Well-Known Member

Mostly because it’s a dead franchise and Butch Hartman left Nickelodeon

9. LittleJerry92

Butch Hartman is such a piece of ****. This year made me lose respect for him.

Pig's Laundry likes this.
  10. MikaelaMuppet

To be honest, I forgot all about it.

11. MikaelaMuppet

12. MikaelaMuppet

Here's some very important news:

[​IMG]

13. LittleJerry92

14. MikaelaMuppet

I kind of knew this was coming because there hasn't really been any other news other than the tweets from the voice actors a few months back.

15. MikaelaMuppet

So, here's something.

I just checked my TV provider's app and was very surprised to see Arthur's Perfect Christmas on there. Turns out that it's going to be on quite a lot these next few weeks.

16. MikaelaMuppet

17. MikaelaMuppet

The Arthur episode where Arthur and DW try to stay up until midnight on New Year's Eve is constantly playing on PBS whenever the show is on right now.

18. datman24

datman24 Active Member

I was kind of surprised 'Arthur' has gone on as long as it has. For some reason, I thought the show had ended in 2004 or something. I wish it did end around then because I have seen a bit a the new animation, and it made me want to throw up. It reminded of the late 90s/early 00s PC games I used play back then. Do kids even watch Arthur nowadays? That show has become a product of its time. I do not think there are too many slice-of-life kids shows nowadays where the main character has constant fantasy sequences (à la Doug). That show is way passed its prime. When's the last time you've walked into a store and have seen a stack of Arthur products? Probably not in a very long time.

19. Any Del

Any Del Well-Known Member

Or Cartoon Network with TTG? ;)

LittleJerry92 likes this.
  20. D'Snowth

D'Snowth Well-Known Member

Honestly, never. Other than walking into a library where they always had Arthur books, I've never actually seen any actual Arthur merchandise in any store any where. Only Arthur stuff I've ever seen was when my local PBS used to have a massive conference room that was decorated almost like a toy museum, because they had all kinds of vintage merchandise - particularly SS - including a few plushes of Arthur and D.W.