Arthur - Where is the Show Going?

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Curiosity killed the cat...

WHY is it that people take innocent kids' shows and make them all sick and twisted?
Because they all got nothing better to do, and they're really nothing but a bunch of pervs.

I mean, I can usually take things like this with a grain of salt..., but this, I mean COME ON!

Erine81981

Reaction score
I used to watch Arthur way back when i used to get out of High School and my first job and all. But then i don't know? It might have been that i started seeing re-runs and thought well i guess theres not any new episodes. Then i started seeing the Buster spin off and thought this isn't all that great. Where's all the other characters?

I couldn't stand 30 minutes of just Buster. I had to have all the characters and not just Buster. So then i kinda then stopped watching Arthur all together. I then started seeing the in-between stuff like the commericals for certain shows and saw the Arthur show like something new i hadn't seen. But i stll don't watch. I don't know? I guess it could be that i kinda started watching other shows like Sid, Dinosaurtrain and The New Electric Company.

But i can still remember my favorite episode of all time. The one with Mr. Rogers. That was awsome to see Mr. Rogers on Arthur and then seeing Arthur on Mr. Rogers too. But i still have a place in my heart for Authur. I still enjoy reading the books that first came out.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Oh yeah, the Mr. Rogers episode was a classic. Really great message he gave to Arthur too about how real friends don't make fun of real friends, because Arthur was so worried that if the other kids in class found out Mr. Rogers was staying with them, they'd tease him for "being baby" (as kids are after Grade 2 if they incorporate such things into a conversation); and even in the end, they didn't make fun of him, but rather asked him if he did the same things he does on TV (take off his shoes, put on his sweaters, etc).

That also reminds me of that episode with the Teletubby-esque ducks that Arthur got hooked on because bright happy colors, and soothing music and absurdity of the whole show was eye-catching, and pretty soon the whole school was watching, despite it being a "baby show". But then again, that's how the Teletubbies were in real life - I was in Grade 3 when Teletubbies hit PBS, and even though it was targetted at little tykes, everyone in my class was talking about it... because it really did have that affect on us - the bright colors, the funny sounds, the soothing music... it was almost hypnotic... kind of like what Pufnstuf and most other Krofft shows did for college kids and adults back in the 70s.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
After rewatching "Elwood City Turns 100", I only have to ask this...

Did anyone else besides me think the intermission with Arthur, Buster, Brain and Muffy on Larry King was one of the most random things they ever did on the show?

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
After rewatching "Elwood City Turns 100", I only have to ask this...

Did anyone else besides me think the intermission with Arthur, Buster, Brain and Muffy on Larry King was one of the most random things they ever did on the show?
Yeah! It threw me off the first time I saw it! but that was kind of an unusual episode.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I liked that whole running gag about Mr. Ratburn reliving his ruined college puppet show.

"Curtain! CURTAIN!"

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Has anyone besides me noticed that in reruns, they always wear out the bad episodes/seasons, and rarely rerun the good episodes/seasons anymore?

Seasons Five, Six, and Nine through now are ALWAYS in reruns, but it's like they don't even care about Seasons One through Four or Seven and Eight anymore.

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
I still watch arthur every morning before school (nothing else really on anyway). While some recent episodes are kinda awkward to watch (I hate the Pal and Kate episodes), I still enjoy them. Though, I absolutly hate Nadines new voice.

I wish they would show that episode where Buster wants to hang out with the bullies and agrees to do all those dare more often.

And I always thought Muffy was a hippo...

D'Snowth

Reaction score
(I hate the Pal and Kate episodes)
Same here, lol.
Sarge said:
Though, I absolutly hate Nadines new voice.
I'm usually good to notice new voices, but I didn't notice Nadine had a new episode, but like previously discussed, Nadine seems to be kind of phased out, indicating D.W. doesn't always need her anymore.
I wish they would show that episode where Buster wants to hang out with the bullies and agrees to do all those dare more often.
I loved how Buster was trying to use gutter slang, but was using the wrong words - "Yo, me and my homefry here wanna hang with your possum!"
Well, her ego's as big as one, lol.

Welcome back, BTW.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Those weird Teeth... I assure you, she some kinds monkey. She's always been like that since the book "The True Francine." I've noticed that she hasn't had those odd hippo teeth for some time.. maybe even since first season.

Seasons Five, Six, and Nine through now are ALWAYS in reruns, but it's like they don't even care about Seasons One through Four or Seven and Eight anymore.
I think they have some sort of itinerary for reruns. Every year they put different episodes into repeating rotation... they don't show every episode every year... they clearly put certain seasons to rerun on a yearly basis. Sometimes not even the whole season. As much as I loved the first season, I don't really care much to see it again... I've seen it so many times. Why, when the show first premiered, I watched every episode they aired in a day when I was able.