1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Help Muppet Central Radio
    We need your help to continue Muppet Central Radio. Show your support and listen regularly and often via Radionomy's website and apps. We're also on iTunes and Apple TV. Learn More

3. "Muppet Guys Talking" Debuts On-line
    Watch the inspiring documentary "Muppet Guys Talking", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppet release of the year.

4. Sesame Street Season 48
    Sesame Street's 48th season officially began Saturday November 18 on HBO. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

Ask 1,000 Eyes... Stuff

Discussion in 'Friends and Family' started by Old Thunder, Mar 14, 2017.

1. LittleJerry92

LittleJerry92 Well-Known Member

Can relate. I'm trying to force myself to not be a night owl anymore because it was fun while it lasted in college, but not anymore.

And on another note, I remember as a kid being super mind blown when I first heard Starr's voice in "With a Little Help from my Friends" after hearing him in Thomas.

fuzzygobo likes this.
  2. Old Thunder

Old Thunder Well-Known Member

The only reason Starr has become my second favorite narrator is likely do the fact that he's a Beatle and I've come to love his voice. I used to hate it, lol.

3. LittleJerry92

His British voice definitely fits the show, I will say that.

Same with Angelis even if at times he could be a bit overdramatic with his narration.

4. Old Thunder

Eh... Angelis did the Carlin years, including Season 4, my all-time fave, so I've never been a fan.

5. LittleJerry92

Can understand that. Like I said earlier, took me a while to warm up to him.

(I did think he sounded a bit like Ringo the first time I heard him on the "New Friends for Thomas" VHS. I was like "wait, who's THIS guy?)

6. fuzzygobo

fuzzygobo Well-Known Member

If you could sit down and have a beer/smoke a fat one, and listen to their stories, who'd be your pick?

Ozzy Osbourne or Alice Cooper?

7. Old Thunder

Him, mainly because Ozzy's not really a talker person, I find in his interviews, despite being a bigger fan of him. Neither of them would be my first choice, but Alice seems like a cool guy to speak with and is rather a charming character.

LittleJerry92 likes this.
  8. LittleJerry92

To add on to Eyes' last post, you can BARELY understand what Ozzy is saying when he speaks too so it's not worth it.

Old Thunder likes this.
  9. fuzzygobo

Aren't you happy you have your own salad dressing?
    1000 Eye-Land? 8)

Can't make a Reuben without it!

10. LittleJerry92

You mentioned there's a couple animes you liked like One Piece and Death Note.

Tell me... What are some animes you TRIED watching but couldn't get into?

11. Old Thunder

Reubens are overrated but the dressing is great. :D

One Piece. Even after 100+ eps, the characters alone didn't sell the show. :p

Other than that, I watched the first episode of Gurren Lagann and... nah.

12. LittleJerry92

Oh, you don't like One Piece. Welp. #failmoment

I've heard so many people say it's good, but just with how many episodes there are..... Well, I'd have to watch it for myself. Just the whole Luffy being made of rubber shtick has always creeped me out though.

13. Old Thunder

No, I like it... it's just there was a point where the episode count outweighed my enjoyment.

I'd rather go through Buckethead's discography lol.

14. LittleJerry92

Can understand that.... That's what turns me off with One Piece... Too many episodes just eventually gets stale even if supposedly they are canon.

15. MikaelaMuppet

MikaelaMuppet Well-Known Member

Favorite members on here?

16. Old Thunder

God, you had to ask. Um... well, there's a lot of cool people and this list is quite incomplete, but shout-outs to:

@Pig's Laundry that calm and collected coolio
    @LittleJerry92 that cool, slick guy
    @fuzzygobo that wise sage
    @JimAndFrank that incredible writer (and Discord slacker grrr)
    @FunnyBear that good jam
    @gavry3 that nemesis

I've probably forgotten a bunch rip.

17. MikaelaMuppet

I just felt like asking you, that’s all. :)

18. LittleJerry92

Old Thunder likes this.
  19. fuzzygobo

That d-bag Patrick makes those obnoxious posts demanding Sesame episodes, now he's singing Beatle tunes????!!!
    The swine!!!!8)

Same Starr, right? 8)

LittleJerry92 likes this.
  20. MikaelaMuppet

Nope. Ringo Starr. :)