1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 48
    Sesame Street's 48th season officially began Monday August 6 on PBS. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

Dismiss Notice

Ask A Pig All the Questions

Discussion in 'Friends and Family' started by Pig's Laundry, May 29, 2017.

1. Pig's Laundry

Pig's Laundry Well-Known Member

Little Jerry - Definitely Telephone Rock, hands down. It's one of my favorites of the entire show, period. 'Surprise' would be my second favorite.

Little Chrissy - I love both Eight Balls of Fur and Count it Higher (as repetitive as it is).
    Interesting thing about Jerry and the Monotones, they used the exact same melody and structure as "I'm Gonna Always Love You" for at least two of their songs.
    Another side note, Jerry's falsetto in "Proud" always kind of annoyed me.

2. LittleJerry92

LittleJerry92 Well-Known Member

Cool! Yeah, "Telephone Rock" is definitely their flagship song. I pretty much wore out my Rock N Roll VHS because of that song (though in general, I always loved that compilation video as a kid and it's still my favorite today). I think "Surprise" would definitely be my second favorite too just because of how catchy it is. Either that or "Four" because every member gets to sing their own line (and introduce themselves even if it was an album only song; but I think the cool thing is, you can speculate yourself on who you think is who and not let yourself get a headache over it).

Jerry Nelson did make Jerry's voice pretty inconsistent; songs where his voice is high and whiney like "Surprise", "Proud", "Sad", "Four" and "With Every Beat of my Heart" kind of bugged me. But, in regards to the melodies, I guess it's just something that had to be done.... Though I'm not too forgiving on the album version of "Telephone Rock."

My favorite standalone Little Chrissy song is probably "Raise Your Hand". With the Alphabeats....I'd probably say "You're Alive."

Good Mythical Morning! I love Rhett and Link! Some of their food ideas I've wanted to try myself, such as the peanut butter ice cream sandwich, the chicken fried burger, the beans, bugles and condiment pizzas, the taco Bell burrito, every taco up until the sushi one, and every hot Pocket up until maybe the salmon.

Pig's Laundry likes this.
  3. Pig's Laundry

Awesome, another Rhett and Link fan! Yeah, they've had a lot of interesting food ideas. What I wanna know though is, why do they almost always eat some kind of animal testicle?!?

LittleJerry92 likes this.
  4. LittleJerry92

Well, they are professionals after all.

Pig's Laundry likes this.
  5. fuzzygobo

fuzzygobo Well-Known Member

This is surprising but it's true. Three years ago, I had valve replacement surgery on my heart. One of my valves wouldn't close all the way, and if it didn't get fixed, I might've died.

So I'm alive today.... because of a pig's valve.
    Thank you, pigs are decent people.

Pig's Laundry and LittleJerry92 like this.
  6. ErinAardvark

ErinAardvark Well-Known Member

What would happen if I gave a pig a party?

7. Pig's Laundry

They wouldn't think it was bad, in fact it's fine, except, don't ask nine groovy swine to come over for cake and wine at ten past nine.

8. MikaelaMuppet

MikaelaMuppet Well-Known Member

Non pig question.

Favorite show on NPR?

Favorite radio personality?

9. Pig's Laundry

Oh, that's a really hard one. I suppose it's almost a tie between Radio Lab, Snap Judgement, and This American Life.

Another tough one. I guess I really like the hosts of the above shows I listed.

10. Old Thunder

Old Thunder Well-Known Member

11. LittleJerry92

Favorite decade or genre of music?

12. D'Snowth

D'Snowth Well-Known Member

What's the difference between a potato?

13. ConsummateVs

ConsummateVs Well-Known Member

How ba-a-a-ad can I be?

14. Pig's Laundry

So no one got that reference?? No? Anyone? Bueller...Bueller? No? OK.

Apparently you're horrible to bring up any art of that movie.

15. Pig's Laundry

DOUBLE POST!
    What's the difference between any of us, maan. We're all just growing in this endless dirty potato field we call life...
    I guess just good old fashioned pop music. 80s pop is definitely my favorite decade and type of music. Meanwhile The Beatles is one of the only bands I listen too, although I recently started listening to Queen. I also like musical theater (movie musicals/ broadway) but i'm not sure if that counts as a genre...
    I can't remember the name of it but, when we went to Washington DC, we stayed at this beautiful hotel in Maryland. The walls were colorful, the designs and furniture were modern. And best of all, there were two bathrooms and three bedrooms! And for the first time ever, I didn't have to share my bed (in a hotel, I have my own bed at home :p). It was the biggest and most beautiful hotel I ever stayed in. If I ever go back to DC with more than one person, i'm definitely staying there again. Honestly my description doesn't do it justice. Basically, it was like a large, new apartment.

16. Old Thunder

Old Thunder Well-Known Member

What's your favorite idea?

17. ErinAardvark

ErinAardvark Well-Known Member

I didn't get your references, but did you get the reference to my question?

18. Pig's Laundry

Indeed, which is why in turn I replied with another reference. My little brother loves those books by the way. Can't figure out why though, lol.

19. D'Snowth

D'Snowth Well-Known Member

One day I was in a store and there was a display of loaves of bread, heads of lettuce, a bunch of tomatoes, jars of mayonaise, and packs of bacon.

Do you think they were trying too hard to be subtle?

20. Pig's Laundry

I thought I knew what you meant, but you lost me because you didn't mention a George Foreman grill.