Ask Ken at Palisades

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Warrick-

I don't think the pink sweater was a part that was agreed on, but Ken has been made aware of the Thog popularity and commented on it several days ago. I just don't think a pink sweater helps is case or is very likely. I certainly wouln't want it painted on and none of the other characterrs have removable clothes (with the exception of hats). I don't see it as a very marketable point. Thog is enough all by himself.

BlueFrackle

Reaction score
Jamie,

Gonzo has a cape made from material and some other Muppets are gonna have accessories and materila made stuff.

So i think that packing a sweater with Thig that you could put on him and take off would be cool.
And it is like the ONLY thing he ever wore.

but if it is going to be painted on then i dont want it - LOL !

And he couldnt come with much mroe anyway?
Becuase he never had nothing connected with him.

See ya

Gorgon Heap

Reaction score
Re: The infamous heart sweater

I only mentioned after someone else commented that it would up the cuteness factor, particularly among young girls. It would be a way to reach beyond the fan community to sell the figure.

I'm not saying I favor the pink sweater, and I'm against painting him with it on, but if including that sweater (made from removable material, of course) made him more sellable, and thus more likely to be made, then I wouldn't mind it.

David "Gorgon Heap" Ebersole

MuppetQuilter

Reaction score
While I would like Thog, I don't think the pink sweater with the heart on it would suddenly create a huge appeal among young girls. First-- there are tons of things marketed to girls in pink with hearts-- not like a kid has to try to find something pink with hearts. Second, I think the market you are talking about is not likely to be browsing in the action figure aisle of TRU-- not unless they get dragged there by a brother. Really, it sounds like the Barbie market and the Barbie section doesn't overlap the action figure section. Also, the cute and cuddly pink with hearts thing doesn't really lend itself to a plastic action figure. Don't mean to rain on anyone's parade-- I just don't see it.

I think what will open the line up and bring in consumers beyond the Muppet fanatics are the more established characters-- Kermit, Piggy, Fozzie, Gonzo.... Everyone (well, almost everyone) knows those guys. I'm sure there are people who will buy their kids a Kermit figure who barely remember TMS. If the kids like the figure (and I think they will-- good accesories, lots of articulation, really looks like Kermit) then the kids will want more of the figures. Some of the less seen characters in the line will draw in more of the Muppet fans (after all, when have we had access to Harry collectibles?) and get more of us hooked on the line.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
The infamous pink sweater

I don't see a cutesy pink sweater (even though it was from a valentine's special) as a viable option for an action figure. I also don't think it will increase the teenage girl appeal (as if the line really needs that).

Thog would certainly be a great character to include and what Quilter may not realize is that there already will be multiple versions of the Muppet Show "elite" characters that the addition of someone like Thog will help keep it going. It's not like there will be as many of them made as Miss Piggy of Fozzie Bear.

As for Gonzo having a removable cape - it is incredibly different than an entire pullover sweater. I will reiterate - no other character has a removable shirt, or pair of pants that is included so far. I just don't see a girlish pink sweater on Thog to be a selling point and he will likely be expensive enough to make without it.

Gorgon Heap

Reaction score
Re: the sweater

All points duly noted. I see now that there wouldn't be much point in including it. I never particularly wanted the character in the sweater anyway. Just the character as he usually is will be terrific.

David "Gorgon Heap" Ebersole

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
I just don't think this is a "dress up" line of Muppet figures and I think putting old Thog in a pink sweater could be offputting to the young male marketin favor of a young female market that wouln't even respond much to it.

I can see why Warrick wants the sweater because there's a bit of the purist in all of us, but it is a bit much. I was just weirded that he posted that we all were in favior of it. It really is a debate if Palisades will include Thog rather than his accessories (if any).

Just my thoughts.

BlueFrackle

Reaction score
Jamie,

Sorry, i didnt want it to come out as 'we are all in favor'.
I was trying to say that we are all in favor of a Thog figure !

I wanted to see how many people actually was in favor, Obviously not alot.

I'll have to get out the knittin needles...

see ya

BlueFrackle

Reaction score
Jamie,

I just re read what i posted, Im sure i wasnt supposed to write that - LOL

I ment that i wanted the Pink Sweater, I need something Season One or Pre Muppet Show !

But having Thog will make it another step closer, and a GREAT figure !

"I feel the earth begin to crumble"

I think thats the song...

See ya

beaker

Reaction score
Toyfair Poll: Muppets Palisades will rule

Did you guys see the new ish of Toyfair? Not only did they have a envelope to send away for the Kermit tux variant($15!) but they had a poll in which they asked people what line they thought would be the next 'Simpsons' line('Simpsons' being code in the collector industry for the standard bearer of a hot genre figure line) and an overwhelming amount(like 65%?) said Muppets by Palisades. I dont think its any secret how well these will do at Hot Topic, suncoast, kaybee, or Toys R US(im hoping the biggest seller right next to Hasbro Episode 2)

///beaker///