1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 48
    Sesame Street's 48th season officially began Saturday November 18 on HBO. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

Ask Ken at Palisades

Discussion in 'Action Figures' started by Cindy, Apr 13, 2002.

1. Gonzo

Gonzo Active Member

I had drawn a few Muppet Rouge parodies over the last year or so....and always cast Kermit, Piggy, and Fozzie as we saw them in the movie; but adding Robin as the Green Fairy was a stroke of genius! I also liked how they "sepiatoned" the opening of the show to make it look like the flick. Very nice.

Quinnnnnnnnnnn

2. sgtfloydpepper

sgtfloydpepper New Member

i just got my series 2 figs this morning from ebgames and they're terrific...well worth the wait, but i did have one complaint to report...my floyd came loaded with problems, and since that was the figure i was most looking forward to, i'm a little bummed...first of all he was packaged with his hands on backwards, which was an easily fixable problem, but a mistake nevertheless...the other problem was that he has two right feet, and thus will not stand up properly, even with the logo base...i suppose it is no longer possible, as these figures were assembled in china, but i thought i'd ask anyway...does palisades have an extra floyd left foot laying around? i'd rather not have to deal with ebgames for a return, but i think i may have to...it just looks too weird...anyway, all that aside, i really am quite impressed and happy with my purchase of series 2...

3. BEAKER128

BEAKER128 New Member

Hi Ken!

I got the Series Two figures today, including Blue Floyd! I have two questiosn though...

1) Is Gonzo's right arm supposed to be permanently pointed towards the heavens. it won't go down.

2) My Blue Floyd has no ponytail. Just a hole in his hair where the ponytail is supposed to be. What do you suggest I do?

These are all so great! Today I took a family portrait, with all 13 of the figures I have so far. I am so excited!!! Thanks, Ken!

-David Beukema

4. ResidentLilly

ResidentLilly Active Member

does palisades have an extra floyd left foot laying around?

Unfortunately no...you may have to take it back to EB. If that fails, we may be able to hook you up down the road, but it will be some time before we have internal stock.

Is Gonzo's right arm supposed to be permanently pointed towards the heavens. it won't go down.

No that joint is supposed to turn. Did it come packaged with the arm up?

My Blue Floyd has no ponytail. Just a hole in his hair where the ponytail is supposed to be. What do you suggest I do?

Oy...that is the second time I have heard about this. My suggestion would be to return/exchange it from where you bought it. Try that first.

5. Gordon Universe

Gordon Universe New Member

So... ... about that Electric Mayhem bus...
    Janice is coming out on her own... You've said no to Lips with it.

I read somewhere a suggestion that it could come with the repaint of Dr. Teeth. Is this a serious consideration? If not, who are you considering? Just a hint? I'd hate to spend over 100 dollars for a figure from a scalper on ebay, only to find out that the same figure will be released with the bus. Let me know! Thanks!

6. frogboy4

frogboy4 Inactive Member

Animal rocks. Got him yesterday. Going to write a review in another thread. The pics were good, but they still didn't do this piece justice. Wow!

7. tomahawk

tomahawk Member

apparently the e.b. here in santa ana has just to figures, they got them today and they're both red shirt floyd. no cases yet. has anyone else seen this happen?

8. Stryder Wolfe

Stryder Wolfe New Member

there's supposed to be 3 floyds to a case, 2 red, one blue...maybe some employee got to the blue one first?

9. dhillman

dhillman New Member

I thought it was four of each -- with Floyd, there are three red and one blue...

D

10. tomahawk

tomahawk Member

yeah, but the guy working fore.b. said thats all they got. no fozzys no crazy harrys no gonzos, just two floyds packed in a box together. very odd.

11. frogboy4

frogboy4 Inactive Member

My feeling is that he was covering up another employee's butt. I doubt Palisades would send them out that way and Ken would have probably said something on that issue. Someone probably took home the other characters or they went to special order clients (it happens with longime customers). Either that or they just ordered through their own site and got the Floyds. But that doesn't make much sense.

12. Walker Boh

Walker Boh New Member

Maybe the warehouse goes through all of the cases that come in and packs their own boxes to send out to each store?

13. tomahawk

tomahawk Member

that's what i was thinking. well at least it's a good sign for palisades either way.

14. frogboy4

frogboy4 Inactive Member

That makes some sense, I guess. Why would they only ship Floyd's though?

My main local EB (the one that was very unhelpful during series one) has dropped all actionfigures from their stock. Strange.

Remember the bets about the most and least popular of series two? Thought it would be fun to start that again. I think Fozzie might be the most popular and I'm now thinking that Harry will be more of a peg warmner. I do hope that none of them are peg warmers, but one has to be more popular with the public.

15. tomahawk

tomahawk Member

the crazy thing is , i have not seen any of them in person around here at all. i really only need to pick up blue floyd and animal because i made a trade with ken for the others, but i love just to walk in and see them.

16. ResidentLilly

I read somewhere a suggestion that it could come with the repaint of Dr. Teeth. Is this a serious consideration? If not, who are you considering? Just a hint? I'd hate to spend over 100 dollars for a figure from a scalper on ebay, only to find out that the same figure will be released with the bus. Let me know! Thanks!

If there was to be an EM bus, and that isn't necessarily GOING to happen, a lot of it depends on sales through the year next year, it would not come with a Wizard World Dr. Teeth repaint. We have said that he is the one figure that because of the low run and the scalper prices we will not re-release, to protect those that paid through the large orange nose for him.

Maybe the warehouse goes through all of the cases that come in and packs their own boxes to send out to each store?

That happens with a LOT of distribution centers. Seems like a reasonable theory to me.

17. Wander McMooch

Wander McMooch New Member

ResidentLilly...

I was reading through several of your posts both here and over on the Palisades board and I must say this: thank you for taking the time to chat with us here. Sometimes I get the feeling that we're all like six-year olds grabbing your arm and begging you for specific figures (which I'm guilty of as well). You're a real class act for having such a open dialogue with all of us.

BTW, I'm from the Towson, MD area; and was wondering if you're getting frustrated with the slow release of the Series Two figures here (or, if you already are, at what point did it happen during the wait). The release was supposed to be towards the end of October, but now it's December and the only place that I'm aware of in our area is Record and Tape Traders (who only had one of each at $14 a pop). I've been bothering the poor people at my Toys R Us for weeks now, and I imagine the anticipation must be killing you to see your hard work hit the racks after all that went on.

Cheers!

18. ResidentLilly

Thanks BA...yeah I hate the strike and the problems it has caused. We got the stuff ready only a week or so later than expected in China but all **** broke loose when the docks shut down. We are STILL trying to get containers of product unloaded that left China in mid October!

Nice to see a local on the boards...

19. bizarreblair

bizarreblair New Member

Hey Ken,

People have mentioned Floyd's ponytail being missing...I am just wondering, is the ponytail supposed to be removable or permanent? My Floyd repaint's ponytail came out as soon as I turned his head the first time. No big deal, it's quite simple to stick back in, but I was just wondering if this is supposed to be an "optional" type thing. Thanks.

20. ResidentLilly

You are now the third person I have heard that from. Weird thing? Repaint. Haven't heard that about the regular Floyd ponytail. Theories abound as to why.

But it is not supposed to be that way, removable I mean. It is a glue point that is supposed to be permanent.

Well, even though only three reports, this may qualify as the first real S2 "issue". If anybody else has this problem be sure to report it on the boards and if you can't return the item to where you got it contact Tony in Customer Service.