Ask Ken at Palisades

beaker

Reaction score
>>>she was in the Muppets at WDW and i think that was going to be a start of Mrs. Bear to be hanging around the main gang. she is an "older" character age wise to the others not meaning made before the others but she was on the muppet show and MFC was her big break<<<

yeah, emily bear was a great new addition. while m@wdw for a lot were th emuppets last big hurrah til of course some of the recent outings, it was cool to see her big break.

Really tho, I would like to see the tms packaging seriosuly change to the new muppets symbol(the half kermit head in circle)
so we CAN have emily, pepe, clifford, bobo, etc.

i think if ken and the crew had made the packaging more universal there would be these people going 'oh man, we cant have pepe til wave 35!' but as it stands, changing the packaging to reflect a more 'world of muppets' next year would be good.

beaker

Reaction score
hey ken...to break the non stop muppet posts...

any new anime merchandise coming out or in the works from palisades?(or video game related?) so far the mini lunchboxes and tehcni ryoko bust seems to be the only stuff.

anime/videogames and muppets are of course my two fave hobbys, and its a dream come true to see both represented by one cool toy company!

my anime wish list for palisades would be neon genesis evangelion, gundam wing, more se lain stuff, and transformers!
(i know they have gijoe and micronauts....but transformers would rock! )

and ken, my ultimat wish for palisades now that muppets are yours? T M N T! thats right, ninja turtles palisades style!!!

btw ken: whats your fave animes as of late?
its cowboy bebop for me!

grail

Reaction score
yes, i agree...Transformers are the ONE license that ranks above the Muppet toys for me right now...

i'd love to have some of the stuff that isn't exactly the Transformers themselves, though. (keep your eyes and ears open, if i can get Hasbro, or even Takara themselves to return my calls...well...heh...)

OH, and i agree about TMNT...if i remember correctly, there was an announcement this weekend about a new cartoon for this fall

Bean Bunny

Reaction score
Grail

OH, and i agree about TMNT...if i remember correctly, there was an announcement this weekend about a new cartoon for this fall
Yes, For Kids Entertaiment will air brand new TMNT animated series on the Fox Box next January with new toys from Playmates. The studio that worked on Jackie Chan Adventure, Men In Black: The Series, and Big Guy and Rusty are doing the animation. See www.toonzone.net for more info.

Speaking of classic toys licensees, Ken are thoughts on the new Master Of The Universe line from Four Hourse Men and Mattel?

grail

Reaction score
i love toonzone! i was just on a call at the time i wrote that and couldn't really open a new screen. thanks for the info!

BTW...

GOBOTS?!?!?!?! the heck? just kidding, i used to have the leader of the good guys...the one that looked like a mini-Starscream (i wanna say his name was Leader-1)

ResidentLilly

Reaction score
beaker hey ken...to break the non stop muppet posts...
any new anime merchandise coming out or in the works from palisades?(or video game related?) so far the mini lunchboxes and tehcni ryoko bust seems to be the only stuff.

We don't have any anime licenses any more, so no new stuff is planned. Did you check the bit today? Now THAT hurt to have Legato canceled. Just couldn't get the orders on it.

and ken, my ultimat wish for palisades now that muppets are yours? T M N T! thats right, ninja turtles palisades style!!!

Playmates has the rights, but yeah I would have loved to do them in an edgier style like the original comic material, not the cartoony versions. Had a line worked out in my head that would have been suh-wheet.

btw ken: whats your fave animes as of late?

Gotta confess...haven't been into anything as much as I was into Speed Racer and Star Blazers and Battle of the Planets. I am way old school...way old for that matter I guess. Best single anime I ever saw was Ninja Scroll, but I don't see a lot of anime anymore...between the boards, work and my girl/wedding who has time?

Bean Bunny
Speaking of classic toys licensees, Ken are thoughts on the new Master Of The Universe line from Four Hourse Men and Mattel?

The best re-launch of a classic toy line to date. Great sculpting with some modern elements while still staying absolutely true to the source material. Phenomenal looking line, and I intend to try to trade for every single one (can't afford them with all the Star Wars stuff I gotta buy). Really something. If you have not checked them out you should. If you see them...you'll have to buy some. But ARGH on the case packs! Mer-man should not be so hard to acquire!

kansasteen14

Reaction score
actually Sam the Eagle is in the muppets at Walt Disney World and I dont remember seeing mrs. bear in what part did you see her.

Gorgon Heap

Reaction score
Luke-

My god - i'm being nice. Please someone take the vodka away from me now before i propose to someone!

Luke, I love that line! May I steal it?

David "Gorgon Heap" Ebersole

grail

Reaction score
Originally posted by ResidentLilly
The best re-launch of a classic toy line to date. Great sculpting with some modern elements while still staying absolutely true to the source material. Phenomenal looking line, and I intend to try to trade for every single one (can't afford them with all the Star Wars stuff I gotta buy). Really something. If you have not checked them out you should. If you see them...you'll have to buy some. But ARGH on the case packs! Mer-man should not be so hard to acquire!
really? i don't like them at all...i have a He-Man and a Skeletor that i can trade you for something if you want...they're out of the package, but i still have the packages if you want them. i think the original sculpts are beautiful, but the execution into a toy was horrible. a word of warning if you decide you want the ones i have, He-Man's left shoulder joint...the piece looks like it was cut/attached at a really odd angle, and so it's kinda stiff...

Oh, and have you seen the new Battle of the Planets comic? it's looking decent!