Ask Ken at Palisades

GLUE

Reaction score
uuuuhhhhh Everyone should be happy as todays Dailybit has about a dozen pictures. I should have it up around 10:30 - 11ish so if you went to the site and didn't see anything, check back again around that time.

incredeeble!

Reaction score
So Ken.... what's up with the variant Animal??? was that supposed to be the SDCC exclusive???

Nice piece on the website too! The Micronauts are awesome!

towels

Reaction score
Actual question for Ken

can you believe it? A question. For Ken. Here.

Anyway...ummmm....oh yeah.

The neon in the pictures seems awful dim. Is there some sort of battery operated light that's going to make it shine? Right now it looks very authentic as far as neon goes, but only if the neon was turned off. Is that just a case of camera envy?

ResidentLilly

Reaction score
You are right...it does seem dim...but therein lies the dilemma...I brighten it up, it doesn't have the neon look...just the painted plastic look. I keep it as is, doesn't pop off as much in the final piece but retains a very realistic look.

Ultimately it will be Henson's call to make. They receive the final colors this week and will decide between the first version we showed at SDCC and this one.

incredeeble!

Reaction score
If I remember correct, the samples at the SD comicon had solid neon plastic (opaque). It looked kinda cheap that way. This version looks so much better! I think all you'd have to do with the clear plastic is add some sort of small light behind the stage and it should brighten the sign.

ResidentLilly

Reaction score
Adding a light at this late stage is an impossibilty.

"I can't change the laws of physics...I've got to have thirty minutes!!!"

Anyone?

incredeeble!

Reaction score
Originally posted by ResidentLilly
Adding a light at this late stage is an impossibilty.
I was thinking as a custom job later on... You think there's enough room for that somewhere in the back???