Ask Ken at Palisades

coryj98

Reaction score
Hey Ken. Just wanted to take a minute to say happy Labor Day. I know you are over there in China laboring on Labor Day and I wanted to tell you that us muppet fans really appreciate that! Hope everything is going well for you over there.

Skeeter Muppet

Reaction score
Originally posted by Phillip Chapman
According to earlier discussions, the Newsman with a desk is likely at some point in 2003, early 2004.
Cool! Probably no news yet if anything's going to be included in that playset that we can throw at the newsman (he gets so abused, doesn't he), right?

JohnFranklin

Reaction score
Error Cards

A friend sent me a link to this auction on eBay:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1560250814&rd=1

For those who don't want to leave the forum, it's a Miss Piggy figure, but with the wrong card back, it has Kermit's bio on the back instead of Piggy's. how often does this sort of thing occur? THis is the first I've ever seen, but i assume in assembly it must happen now and then.

Thanks.

jf

Pschtyckque

Reaction score
I got two miscarded Simpsons figures in the same case. It happens. Haven't heard of any Muppets ones, though. Palisades must have better quality control than Playmates. :wink:

BlueFrackle

Reaction score
Guys,

Hey,
the only kinda error ive seen like that was a normal Kermit figure with a Exc. Tux Kermit sticker on it.

See ya

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Skeeter Muppet

There will be no Muppet Newsman set. The desk will come on a card. I'm not sure what else he will come with but I am sure there will be enough accessories from other characters by that time to drop on his head.:wink:

ZootandDingo

Reaction score
Re: Skeeter Muppet

Originally posted by frogboy4
There will be no Muppet Newsman set. The desk will come on a card. I'm not sure what else he will come with but I am sure there will be enough accessories from other characters by that time to drop on his head.:wink:
Yeah, really. Do we need a whole playset for a wall with a clock and a screen? Maybe, though, if the theater playset came with that interchangeable backdrop feature... :smile:

Gorgon Heap

Reaction score
Ken mentioned that the Newsman may very well have his backdrop in his blister card. I think if we get the Newsman it's safe to say we'll get his set in some form or another. Right Ken?

Say Ken, what did you think of the earlier question on a Gorgon Heap figure? That'd be interesting, especially since the most notable thing about him is his penchant for eating co-stars; how would you go about making a figure that can swallow other figures? If you actually have any ideas on how that would be done I'd love to hear them.

A technical question- the figs have shoulders/arms that move in two ways (rotating and side to side; forgot the technical names, I know that one is 'swivel'). Is there any way to do that on legs so that figs can lean forward on them while turned (like the way Thog dances)? I know I'm mentioning Thog again but I'm also genuinely curious about whether or not you can articulate the legs the same as the arms.

Thanks.

David "Gorgon Heap" Ebersole

Luke

Reaction score
So Ken, hows it all going over there in China ?

Hope you are keeping well !