Ask Ken at Palisades

GLUE

Reaction score
If anyone is interested in Micronauts, The new dailybit is up on www.palisadestoys.com sorry no muppets today, but maybe some stuff later this week.

GWGumby

Reaction score
Originally posted by GLUE
If anyone is interested in Micronauts, The new dailybit is up on www.palisadestoys.com sorry no muppets today, but maybe some stuff later this week.
I think you guys should give up working on all these other frivolous endeavors and just concentrate on Muppets!

Actually, what is up with the Micronauts? I don't even remember them from when I was a kid so I have no nostalgia factor. I've gathered they come in various colors and have "interchangeable" features, but that still doesn't make sense to me. So will someone explain why I should be interested in Micronauts -- other than that Palisades is making them and we should support them because they make cool Muppet toys.

Luke

Reaction score
Well I guess because just like we guys love Muppets and some people don't, there is a big Micronauts crowd out there - doesn't neccasarily mean we have to like them.

The toys look cool though i think i'm a bit young to really remember them at all - the design and look is very innovative but they are (from what i gather) exact remakes of the classic toys like what's being done for the Transformers, they even made an exclusive for a Micronauts forum .. Hmmmm ....hint *Muppet Central Penguin* hint !

Squigiman

Reaction score
Hey everyone,
I'm still alive! Not that you cared or anything, just sayin'. Anyways, I think AOL might have been the cause of my log-on woes, since when I try to get here to post when not via AOL, it seems to work. Hopefully, now that I'm at school, this means I'll be able to post more often, making my views, news, and opinions more heard.
Speaking of which, (nice segue, eh?) one of the most awesome Muppet-related things I have to report, is that a teacher of mine this semester was apparently THE INSPIRATION FOR ZOOT! Yeah, I know anyone can say it, but I believe him. I've seen him credited as a sax player on various albums, as well as hearing from my girlfriend, who already took the class, about his story of his first contract negotiation, WITH KERMIT! Yeah, Jim actually pulled out the green one, and made him talk to him. Pretty awesome, and reassuring to hear my teacher's respect and appreciation of the genius that was/is/always will be Jim Henson.
Anyways, on to the toys and Ken and stuff. I was thinking about the Chef, after checking out some pics of the figure and playset over at Raving Toy Maniac, and there still seems to be something not right about him. I know I'm just one fan, but everyone's opinion counts, and that's why there's this thread, right? Anyways, I was thinking, since the look of a figure goes through so much change from the original concept designs to the store shelves, that maybe my worries were unfounded, but Ken, I really think that the face in your avatar looks a heckuva lot better than the Comic-Con one displayed so often these days. I figured since I had the chance to post, and since you're in China, now would be a good time to bring up this concern, as I'm sure you're involved in the "tooling" (Hey, I'm learning industry lingo. Cool!) and the other figs have been modified since, too. Anyways, is he going to come out more like your pic or the more current one, and if it is the latter, is there any way he could be more like the former? Ok, now that that's out of the way...
I want to put a disclaimer saying not to take this the wrong way, as I feel it could easily be. Anyways, do you guys at Palisades check out the Sideshow busts at all? I really think you guys are doing a wonderful job, and understand that you're working with smaller, articulated figures, but those guys do some really impressive work, too. I'm just mentioning this all, because I just got a look at them, and the two of you combined arre the best things to happen to Muppet fans/collectors, maybe in the last decade, at least. Anyways, I just thought it might be worth bringing up, as I, personally, am very concerned with this line, as it is probably second only to having the actual Muppet puppets. So, in particular, I think you should check out their Gonzo. He's always been my favorite, and I absolutely can't wait until series 5, as his purple-suited self is "locked", apparently, so I'm sure you guys care about how he comes out, as such. Please, you must do him justice! This is THE FIGURE for me, and I don't want him any less than perfect. Sorry for sounding spoiled/******, but I am just so enthusiastic about this stuff. You understand, right? We're all fans, of one thing or another, and we might get crazy-obsessed once in a while. Is that so wrong? (Looks around the room, to find no response) Eh?
Anyways, did you notice how many times I said "Anyways" in this post? Cool, because I sure don't. Sorry for dragging, thanks for listening and take care. Oh, also, can't wait, only about a month until Series 2 on shelves! See ya.

-Squigiman

GWGumby

Reaction score
Originally posted by Squigiman
I want to put a disclaimer saying not to take this the wrong way, as I feel it could easily be.
Which way would that be exactly? I'm confused. Now I've just got leave it sitting right where it is because I'm afraid if I move it, I could end up going the wrong way and mess everything up.

FER SURE

Reaction score
In the recent shuffle of a move, anew computer and a severe lack of cash, I lost the PCC email. Can anyone tell methe cost of 2 IS Fozzie's with shipping?

Thanks

dr. gorry

Reaction score
Originally posted by Luke
I'm comatosed !

I win !

i'm sma.................... i'm be.................................i'm wran.......................................I'M PUZZLED!I WIN!

dr. gorry

Reaction score
Originally posted by FER SURE
In the recent shuffle of a move, anew computer and a severe lack of cash, I lost the PCC email. Can anyone tell methe cost of 2 IS Fozzie's with shipping?

Thanks

___ Yes! Put me down for 2 Invisible Fozzie Figures. I agree to pay $30.00 US plus S&H
($7.00). My total is $37.00.

there ya go,an exact quote..........