1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

"Ask Mike" Muppets, Star Wars and more web series

Discussion in 'Henson People' started by Mike Quinn, Apr 30, 2012.

1. Mike Quinn

Mike Quinn Member

Hey all,

For the next few weeks I'd like to run a short Q&A web "Youtubey" kind of thing. Probably 5 minutes each if anyone might be interested? I'd love to answer your questions about any of my past work (Muppet films, Star Wars, Fraggles, Dark Crystal, Labyrinth etc.). If you are not sure what I've done, just check out IMDB or my website linked from my profile.

You can send Questions to mike@quinnzone.com using the title "Ask Mike" and I'll endeavor to answer as best I can. Initially I'll just run this for 2-3 weeks but hey, if this is enjoyed enough, I may extend it. SO let me know if you are interested, here or via email :)

I'll post a link to the videos hopefully within the next few days. Thanks everyone and have fun!

Mike Quinn

[​IMG]
  2. dwayne1115

dwayne1115 Well-Known Member

sounds very interesting Mike Have you ever seen our ask Jim Lewis thread?
  3. KermieBaby47

KermieBaby47 Well-Known Member

Very cool Mr. Mike Quinn! Thanks much for doing this, it's always so awesome to be able to hear from performers. :)

I do believe I'll try to send you some questions regarding Secret Life of Toys, Muppets Wizard of Oz, and my most FAVORITE funny film of all time, The Great Muppet Caper! :D

Thanks again, I definitely look forward to this.
    :cool:
    Anthony

P.S. As a kid, Nien Nunb was my favorite JEDI action figure. By pure chance, the very first SW figure my Son picked out for himself (I think he was around 2-ish, he's nearly 3 & a half now) was Nien Numb in his red (b-wing?) pilot gear!! How awesome is that?!? :crazy: Well, I think it's pretty cool anyway, ha ha. Cheers!
  4. Mike Quinn

Mike Quinn Member

Ah very good. I've not read the Jim Lewis thread. Jim's a great guy so I need to look at that. Thanks for the tip Dwayne1115.

Happy to talk about all those projects KermieBaby47!
  5. Mike Quinn

Mike Quinn Member

Here's the first video link - don't be shy now ;)

bandit, Hayley B and KermieBaby47 like this.
  6. Collgoff

Collgoff Well-Known Member

I think this will be a great idea!
    Mike Quinn likes this.
  7. dwmckim

dwmckim Well-Known Member

I'm sure a lot of people would love to hear the stories (and i'm sure there's some good ones) behind your relationship with/marriage to Karen Prell - how you went from colleagues to spouses - your first time working together - how long it took for something more to develop - interesting courtship stories, etc. (maybe this could even be a guest ep with Karen)

Since you were on set with "The Muppets", i can think of two questions -
    - As today's media tends to do, a lot got blown out of proportion and sensationalized with the whole "Muppeteers/Henson veterans had disagreements with the script" - perhaps you can provide a bit of a saner insider's view as to how much of that was true and how much was press exaggeration.

- Can you explain why a second night of filming the Hollywood Blvd scenes was needed? Script changes? Techical difficulties with original footage?
    Hayley B and Mike Quinn like this.
  8. Mike Quinn

Mike Quinn Member

Hey dwmckim,
    Since I've been remarried for almost 7 years I'll probably skip the Karen questions out of respect for the interested parties - I'm sure you understand ;)
    However, I'll touch on the other stuff for ya. Hope that's okay and thanks for the questions.
    Mike
  9. Collgoff

Well how come you look so diffrent now then the picture of you and Gobo Fraggle?
  10. Mike Quinn

Mike Quinn Member

Thanks Collgoff for that and your other questions. I'll have fun answering that shortly ;)
    Cheers!
  11. Collgoff

Okay thanks!
  12. bandit

bandit Well-Known Member

Based on what it is you have done in the past and the direction that the entertainment business is going, what do you think may be the next evolution for Henson productions? And I'm sorry if I missed this somewhere but are you still involved in any of those or would you care to be in the future?

Thanks so much for taking the time to do this for us and for patiently sorting thruogh it all. That's incredibly generous of you!
  13. Mike Quinn

Mike Quinn Member

Here's Episode 1 of Ask MIke. Enjoy :)

brkndwnbus, Hayley B and bandit like this.
  14. bandit

bandit Well-Known Member

That was great! Thanks so much for doing this. ^_^
  15. minor muppetz

minor muppetz Well-Known Member

I don't know how I missed this. I'll have to watcht he first episode and see what's been asked. I didn't realsie you performed in The Muppets. I know you were in The Great Muppet Caper, and can't remember if you were in The Muppets Take Manhattan. Should we limit the number of questions we send?
  16. Collgoff

That episode was nice but I didn't hear any anzares for my questions.
    But I can wait for the 2ed episode!
  17. Mike Quinn

Mike Quinn Member

Hey Bandit, Collgoff and Dwmckim, you guys are all next on the list for Episode 2, so thanks for your patience :)

Minor Muppetz, ask away. I'll do my best to answer everything time allowing. I wasn't in Muppets Take Manhattan but yes, I was in the new Muppets film.

I'll try to do Ep 2 some time this week. Thanks everyone.

Mike
    bandit likes this.
  18. Collgoff

Thanks Mke you're the best!
  19. minor muppetz

minor muppetz Well-Known Member

I have a couple of questions about "The Muppets".

First, there is a deleted scene on the blu-ray where the Muppets are shown leaving the stage after the opening is over. It's an impressive scene, with the Muppets going down some stairways by the arches, in one big take. Was this all shot as shown, or was there any digital editing/effects involved? It doesn't look like any visual effects to me, but then again, there are a number of scenes that I was surprised to learn were visual effects.

And another question, I don't know whether you'd actually know more than I do on the subject, but I'll ask just in case. Sometime before the movie came out, there was an article at The Muppet Mindset, covering a public appearance made by Kevin Clash, where it was announced that Clifford would be in the film. However, he's not in the finished film, not even in the big crowd scene near the end, and he's not in any of the deleted scenes on the blu-ray release. So do you happen to know anything about the characters supposed involvement in the movie?
  20. Collgoff

When dose episode 2 going to be here?
    I mean it's only been a whole week!