Attack of the Clones arrives on DVD November 12

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Got this from starwars.com...

On November 12, Lucasfilm Ltd. and Twentieth Century Fox Home Entertainment will begin the North American release of Star Wars: Episode II Attack of the Clones on DVD and VHS home video.

The first major motion picture captured and created directly from the digital source and digitally mastered by THX, the Episode II DVD allows fans the chance to relive the adventure in the way Writer/Director George Lucas meant it to be seen, with spectacular digital clarity.

Here's what the two-disc DVD set - available in both Anamorphic Widescreen (Aspect Ratio 2.35:1) and Fullscreen editions - will feature:

- Attack of the Clones, mastered directly from the digital source by THX for superior sound and picture quality, presented in Dolby 5.1 Surround EX (English) and Dolby 2.0 Surround (English, Spanish and French)

- Audio commentary by Writer-Director George Lucas; Producer Rick McCallum; Editor and Sound Designer Ben Burtt; Visual Effects Supervisors Pablo Helman, John Knoll and Ben Snow; and Animation Supervisor Rob Coleman, offering personal insights into the making of the film.

- Eight deleted scenes created for the DVD release, with introductions by George Lucas, Rick McCallum and Ben Burtt

- "From Puppets to Pixels," an all-new, full-length documentary that tracks the revolution in digital character animation, featuring the creation of the digital Yoda, Dexter Jettster and more

- "State of the Art: The Previsualization of Episode II," an all-new documentary featuring never-before-seen Animatics of Episode II

- Ben Burtt and his team explain the process of creating the sound for Episode II in the all-new documentary "Films Are Not Released; They Escape"

- Three behind-the-scenes featurettes exploring Episode II's storyline, action scenes and love story

- All 12 parts of "Making Episode II," the web documentaries that first appeared here at starwars.com

- The "Across the Stars" music video featuring John Williams

- Downloaded by millions from starwars.com, the original theatrical teaser and launch trailers, plus 12 TV spots

- Galleries of theatrical posters, print campaign from around the world, and never-before-seen production photos

- An Episode II visual effects breakdown montage from Industrial Light & Magic

- HoloNet News website

- DVD-ROM weblink to exclusive Star Wars content

Star Wars: Episode II Attack of the Clones Special Edition VHS includes six deleted scenes and a "Star Wars Connections" featurette hosted by R2-D2 and C-3PO, who explain the Star Wars story to new fans of the series.

beaker

Reaction score
>>>- "From Puppets to Pixels," an all-new, full-length documentary that tracks the revolution in digital character animation, featuring the creation of the digital Yoda, Dexter Jettster and more<<<

Now thats what I wanna see! In the Episode One dvd extras, for the first time I saw Oz puppeteer Yoda, exactly how he would one of his own Muppets.

Anyways, the release date for Episode Two is quite startling...usually we have to wait years for Star Wars home releases. However, I suspect this may be due to Episode Two's less than astonishing following(While the better of the new films, it released far less hype and attention)

Jackie

Reaction score
Yay! Episode 2 is coming out on DVD much faster than Episode 1. This time i don't have to waste my money on a VHS! Gooooo Lord Lucas! LOL!

gymkatarules

Reaction score
Well, some of you know what I think about this Star Wars II business. I'll just keep quiet.

-Chris

Joseph

Reaction score
That is good news.. I can't wait to add that to my collection.
And I am happy I don't have to waste money on a VHS as well.

Sir Didymus

Reaction score
What's wrong with VHS tapes? They are much cheeper than DVDS! I know they are better picture and all, but come on.....they aren't evil! LOL! Just ignore me......

Sir Didymus

grail

Reaction score
Originally posted by Sir Didymus
What's wrong with VHS tapes? They are much cheeper than DVDS! I know they are better picture and all, but come on.....they aren't evil! LOL! Just ignore me......
nothing is WRONG with VHS, it's just becoming less and less practical. apparantly this past quarter saw for the first time DVD players outselling VHS players, and the prices of the DVD's are falling all the time. even Circuit City has decided to stop carrying them altogether, as has Blockbuster. the HDTV standard is less than 10 years away, at which point VHS will become obsolete altogether. it's days are numbered...

Jackie

Reaction score
Originally posted by Sir Didymus

Sir Didymus
While VHS's are cheaper, they are more expensive to make. A VHS tape is full of wheels and gears and a whole lot of plastic. They are just not practical anymore, especially with the quality a DVD has to offer.

But hey, i have no problem with all my VHS tapes. I just wish I had them all on DVD! LOL!

Joseph

Reaction score
With big movies like Star Wars the VHS is often the same price as the DVD.

Jackie

Reaction score
Originally posted by Joseph
With big movies like Star Wars the VHS is often the same price as the DVD.
Indeed! And some crazy Star Wars fans will buy both! LOL