Attack of the Killer Tomatoes voice artists

Xerus

Reaction score
XERUS'S VOICE ARTIST FOCUS:

This week, I'm focusing on one of my most favorite Saturday Morning cartoons, Attack of the Killer Tomatoes. Based off the cheesy, low budget movies where an evil scientist creates villainous monster tomatoes to take over the world. The voice of the main character is by John Astin, who played the original Gomez on the Addams Family. You can find some of the Killer Tomatoes episodes on youtube too.

JOHN ASTIN: Dr. Putrid T. Gangreen
CHRIS GUZEK: Chad Finletter
KATH SOUCIE: Tara Boumdeay
NEIL ROSS: Whitley White
THOM BRAY: Wilbur Finletter
CAM CLARKE: Igor Smith
S. SCOTT BULLOCK: F.T.
MAURICE LAMARCHE: Zoltan, Tomato Guy

Drtooth

Reaction score
Maurice LaMarche... the underrated Rich Little... He can do millions of celebrity voice impersonations, which is why he was cast in The Critic...
Anyway, Putrid T. Gangreen was actually featured in a bunch of stupid AOKT sequals in the 80's... John Aston also played him there.

Blue Weirdo

Reaction score
actually the animated series is based more on Return of the Killer Tomatoes which I say is the funniest movie in the series. I've seen all four the second is the best the third is the worst. (a fifth was scripted but never filmed)

Dr. Gangreen, Igor, Chad, Tara, and FT were all introduced in Return. Actually Chad and Tara were only in that one. Their animated counterparts were altered to be more kid friendly. In the movie Gangreen had created Tara to basically be his sex slave. She rebelled against him and fell in love with Chad. Also in the film it was music not salt that caused her transformations.At the end of the film Tara's mutation is stabilized so she'll never transform again. The cartoon portrayed Chad and Tara as much younger and just best friends instead of lovers.

What a lot of people don't realize is that the AOKT movies were done cheesy and low budget on purpose as they were spoofs of bad horror and disaster movies. Heck halfway through the second movie they stop the story as the director walks into the scene saying they've run out of money so to finish the film they fill the rest of it with blatant over the top product placement until finally near the end Chad shouts, "Do we have enough money to finish this turkey yet?"

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
I think I may have seen the first three on TV, but I definitely remember the first one.

Xerus

Reaction score
actually the animated series is based more on Return of the Killer Tomatoes which I say is the funniest movie in the series. I've seen all four the second is the best the third is the worst. (a fifth was scripted but never filmed)

Dr. Gangreen, Igor, Chad, Tara, and FT were all introduced in Return. Actually Chad and Tara were only in that one. Their animated counterparts were altered to be more kid friendly. In the movie Gangreen had created Tara to basically be his sex slave. She rebelled against him and fell in love with Chad. Also in the film it was music not salt that caused her transformations.At the end of the film Tara's mutation is stabilized so she'll never transform again. The cartoon portrayed Chad and Tara as much younger and just best friends instead of lovers.

What a lot of people don't realize is that the AOKT movies were done cheesy and low budget on purpose as they were spoofs of bad horror and disaster movies. Heck halfway through the second movie they stop the story as the director walks into the scene saying they've run out of money so to finish the film they fill the rest of it with blatant over the top product placement until finally near the end Chad shouts, "Do we have enough money to finish this turkey yet?"
What I liked about the cartoon was that they made it low budget just like the movies. This Woody Allen-like guy would play a bunch of different extras, and Dr. Gangreen was usually complaining that he wasn't allowed do anything really violent since this was a Saturday Morning show.

Xerus

Reaction score
I just discovered who did more of the characters' voices in the Attack of the Killer Tomatoes cartoon series. So here's my new revised Killer Tomatoes V/A focus.

JOHN ASTIN: Dr. Putrid T. Gangreen
CHRIS GUZEK: Chad Finletter
KATH SOUCIE: Tara Boumdeay, Mary Jo Nagamininashy
NEIL ROSS: Whitley White
THOM BRAY: Wilbur Finletter, Floyd Bridgework
CAM CLARKE: Igor Smith, Tomacho, Mayor Earwax
S. SCOTT BULLOCK: F.T, Sam Smith
MAURICE LAMARCHE: Zoltan, Tomato Guy, Ketchuck, Link, Phantomato, Johnny Tomato
CHUCK McCANN: Beefsteak
SUSAN SILO: Fang
ROB PAULSEN: Mummato

Winslow Leach

Reaction score
Return was also one of George Clooney's first films. And if you look really hard, you can spot former congressman Gary Condit during the fight scene in the pizza place.

But yeah, I really enjoyed the cartoon series as well.