Attention M*A*S*H Fans!

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Some of you may know that after years of FOX releasing the show one season at a time on DVD (with no specials) FOX just recently released THE ENTIRE SERIES in a great big box-set with a ton of special features! Well a lot of people who had been collecting the season sets for years complained about this, so FOX has pulled the plug on the entire series set and will be releasing all of the special features seperately this coming summer on a seperate set.

Yippie!!!

Skye

Reaction score
Awesome... I'll have to see if my cousin knows about this. She loves M*A*S*H!!

Teheheman

Reaction score
I heard that, and considering the fact that I actually HAVE the series on DVD, I don't have to worry about the special features. It is coming on a 3-disc set along with the series finale. That's actually the reason that I didn't get the DVD of all 11 seasons before the series came out, because it had no features on it. For more, join my MASH group to discuss. I don't know if anybody has put that up there, but if not, I'll put it up. Thanks "Klinger"

Daniel

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I wouldn't have gotten the series set for two reasons...

1. Over $200?! THAT'S outrageous!
2. I'm not too fond of season 8-11.

Beakerfan

Reaction score
That's good news! Because I didn't wanna spend that much money! (although, if you think about it, each season is what, 40 bucks? So I think it would save money)

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Beakerfan said:
That's good news! Because I didn't wanna spend that much money! (although, if you think about it, each season is what, 40 bucks? So I think it would save money)
Not quite: I've gotten seasons 1 and 2 on sale at $19 each, and I've managed to get seasons 3, 4, 6, and 7 (still don't have five yet) at between $28 and $32.

Beakerfan

Reaction score
OH. I guess I was just looking in the wrong places then.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I recommend either Wal-Mart or Best Buy; places like FYE and Sam Goody will jack up the prices (though I have to admit, I was a proud customer of Sam Goody for quite some time before they closed).

Teheheman

Reaction score
I got mine at about $146 and some change at B&N. I had them ship it to me and I'm also a member of their stupid little club. But, you're right, after Radar left, it seemed to start to suck. It wasn't as good as it once was.

Daniel

D'Snowth

Reaction score
The way I feel (as a lot of people) Radar is one way people who aren't really familiar with the show can identify it with (him, the choppers, and the fact that they're in a war). I feel Radar was a really important character: naive, yet hard-working and making sure the camp is run smoothly and eficently, and I because so many are fond of him, his departure was even sadder than Trapper's depature, Frank's departure, and even Henry's death.

I would've liked to have seen Radar in the finale though.