1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Save Muppet Central Radio
    Within days Muppet Central Radio could be off the air. Show your support and save the station by listening via Radionomy's website and apps. We're also on iTunes and Apple TV. Learn More

August 14th Kermit the Frog tribute at Museum of Moving Image

Discussion in 'Muppet Headlines' started by Muppet Frog, Jul 30, 2016.

1. Muppet Frog

Muppet Frog Active Member

On August 14th 1 pm, The Museum of Moving Image will celebrates Kermit's 60th anniversary in show business from Sam and Friends, Sesame Street appearances, Muppet movies, guest appearances, and best performances from Jim Henson. The screening is named This Frog: A Kermit Komo,ovation: From Sam and Friends to Stardom.

2. muppetperson

muppetperson Well-Known Member

Is that in London?

3. Duke Remington

Duke Remington Well-Known Member

No, it's in New York.

4. Pig's Laundry

Pig's Laundry Well-Known Member

Ah yes, I think on Twitter, Stephanie D'Abruzzo mentioned that she and her husband were working on this.

5. gavry3

gavry3 Well-Known Member

I'm actually marked my calendar because I'm going there!

theSHE124 and MikaelaMuppet like this.
  6. theSHE124

theSHE124 Active Member

Awesome! :) But it's still a world away from me...:(

7. gavry3

gavry3 Well-Known Member

12 more days! I'm so excited!

8. gavry3

gavry3 Well-Known Member

It's tomorrow! I'm so excited! Is anyone else going?

MikaelaMuppet likes this.
  9. WemblinFool18

WemblinFool18 Active Member

You know, it figures that it's in New York. I already hate where I live (central Florida), and this just makes me all the more annoyed that I can't move out to the Big Apple yet.

10. MikaelaMuppet

MikaelaMuppet Well-Known Member

I'm not. I wish I could go though. But I am on vacation, so I can't.

11. Oscarfan

Oscarfan Well-Known Member

I went. It was a very nicely done compilation (edited by Stephanie D'Abruzzo). Nice variety of stuff shown. I really wish they had shown the full "Grover Knover" bit from Out to Lunch. They only played about a minute of it.

Duke Remington and MikaelaMuppet like this.
  12. Duke Remington

What clips were shown?

MikaelaMuppet likes this.
  13. Oscarfan

There was a lot of stuff; there was a series of montages involving Kermit in the different "eras" they formatted the compilation in (including a montage of various performances of "Bein' Green"). Even the more long form pieces they ran were cut short. If I remember correctly, the longer pieces included:
    • Sam and Friends: Huntly and Brinkley
    • A couple of Eskay commercials
    • The wedding from MTM
    • SS News: Jack Be Nimble
    • Forgetful's Oklahoma
    • A Christmas Wish (the John Denver special)
    • What Kind of Fool Am I?
    • Gonzo pre-records himself (JHH)
    The show ended with a montage of Kermit throughout history set to "This Frog."

theSHE124 and Duke Remington like this.
  14. gavry3

gavry3 Well-Known Member

It was so fun! I got to meet Stephanie and Craig and get an autograph! They also sat behind me! I thought it was awesome. It included some scenes from Sam and Friends that you can't find online. They showed ''What kind of fool am I'' in color. You can only find that online in black and white. Craig said the Henson Exhibit does not have a date yet, but it will most likely open in the fall. There is an event there on Henson's birthday, but I forgot what it was.

It took 4 hours to get there and 4 hours to return home. It. Was. Worth it.

theSHE124 and Duke Remington like this.
  15. Duke Remington

What were the other Sam and Friends scenes like?

16. gavry3

gavry3 Well-Known Member

There was one with Kermit talking to Harry about Wilson's certified bacon, and another with Kermit and some lady ALSO talking about bacon and how everybody loves bacon. Then Kermit said he knew someone who didn't like bacon and it goes on. There was another clip in the beginning and it showed up for a split second with Harry and Kermit talking about something about broadcasts and channels and stuff. Thats all and it continues with Clausen's bread commercials in color.

17. Oscarfan

There were snippets of "A Horse Named Bill," "Visual Thinking," "Glo-Worm" (the original) and "Weather Warehouse."

18. gavry3

gavry3 Well-Known Member

Yes. I think ''Weather Warehouse'' was the split-second one I was talking about. Here is a screencap from Muppet Wiki.
    [​IMG]

19. Duke Remington

What happened in the Claussens ads?

20. gavry3

gavry3 Well-Known Member

I'm pretty sure those Claussen's ads are online. There was one with Kermit hit with a club, had dough on his face, and more.