Australia's Channel 7 to air 'The Muppets' December 29th

JimAndFrank

Reaction score
FINALLY!!!

After gaining the rights to air the show several months ago, the Channel Seven Network will debut 'The Muppets' on Tuesday, December 29th at 7:30 pm EST.

This comes as an extreme amount of relief to Aussie fans such as myself who have had no choice but to watch the show by shifty means in order to keep up with the rest of the fandom. By the time the 'reboot' happens on February 2nd, Australia will be up to the episode, 'The Ex-Factor'

It's ABOUT FROGGIN' TIME!

muppetperson

Reaction score
Thanks for posting. I was thinking of ringing Disney's Australian office to find out when and who would have it. Now I know.:smile:

muppetperson

Reaction score
FINALLY!!!

After gaining the rights to air the show several months ago, the Channel Seven Network will debut 'The Muppets' on Tuesday, December 29th at 7:30 pm EST.

This comes as an extreme amount of relief to Aussie fans such as myself who have had no choice but to watch the show by shifty means in order to keep up with the rest of the fandom. By the time the 'reboot' happens on February 2nd, Australia will be up to the episode, 'The Ex-Factor'

It's ABOUT FROGGIN' TIME!
How did you find out? Do you know if the Muppet performers might be coming out to promote it?

JimAndFrank

Reaction score
Phooey!! Just rang Channel 7 in Sydney and was given a straight NO, when asked if the Muppets might be coming over to promote it.:mad::confused::eek::grr::ouch::grouchy::batty::sigh::cry:
Dang! We are we always the ones to get jipped when it comes to the Muppets? They have never done anything here!

Iscah

Reaction score
The popculture-convention people are probably the ones to contact. Supanova (Gold Coast & Melbourne) and Oz Comic-Con (Perth & Adelaide) are on in April, which I think will be around the time the last few episodes will be airing? (Assuming we get all 16 in one go.) And then Melbourne OzCC and Sydney Supanova in June.

JimAndFrank

Reaction score
The popculture-convention people are probably the ones to contact. Supanova (Gold Coast & Melbourne) and Oz Comic-Con (Perth & Adelaide) are on in April, which I think will be around the time the last few episodes will be airing? (Assuming we get all 16 in one go.) And then Melbourne OzCC and Sydney Supanova in June.
I've actually already contacted them about inviting the Muppets as guests. If you and a few other people were to express interest as well, maybe that would convince them to do something about it!

JimAndFrank

Reaction score
Okay, I'm annoyed. Channel 7 will happily advertise the crap out of the stupid, repetitive reality shows, but won't advertise a brand new comedy that has a heap of potential to bring in decent ratings. I won't be surprised if they don't start advertising the show until Boxing Day.

JimAndFrank

Reaction score
Sorry to triple post, but it seems that the Aussie classification people have rated The Muppets as a General Audience (G) program.

muppetperson

Reaction score
I've actually already contacted them about inviting the Muppets as guests. If you and a few other people were to express interest as well, maybe that would convince them to do something about it!
So did I !!