1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

Authentic Fozzie Bear for sale

Discussion in 'Buy, Sell and Trade' started by falseintensity, Dec 26, 2011.

?

How much is it worth?

1. 5,000 or less

52.4%
  2. 10,000

38.1%
  3. 10,000 and above

23.8%
Multiple votes are allowed.

1. falseintensity

falseintensity New Member

http://weissauctions.auctionflex.co...weiid=7710843&lso=lotnumasc&pagenum=7&lang=En

^ Is it possible that this is an authentic Fozzie bear?
    OMG I CAN'T BELIEVE IT! I WOULD LOVE TO OWN MY OWN FOZZE BEAR.
    But... isn't 4,500 kinda cheap for it? I wanna get it, but I have a feeling it will go WAAAAY over 4,500. Can someone tell me if they think I should bid on it? Please click the link above and tell me! I think it would go for 10,000 at least and I'm pretty sure I would pay that much to hold it in my very own hands. Obviously, you're talking to a super duper Muppets fan here! Anyway, what do you guys think??
  2. Muppet fan 123

Muppet fan 123 Well-Known Member

I never know to trust these things but if it's true then that is Super Cool!!
  3. muppetperson

muppetperson Well-Known Member

4. CaseytheMuppet

CaseytheMuppet Well-Known Member

WOW! That seems official to me!
  5. zns

zns Active Member

This is certainly a once in a lifetime offer. Best wishes to anyone who wins him. Let's hope that give him a good home too.:o
  6. Kermieuk

Kermieuk Well-Known Member

Looks real to me. The outfit is what fozzie is wearing in a still photo used in the trading card set and the uk phone card set. It looks like a photo puppet and not a puppet. The label says photo muppet mmII which was the temp name of the great muppet caper so maybe he's from 1980-1!!

Great item.

Chris
  7. KermieBaby47

KermieBaby47 Well-Known Member

Wow! Didn't they build the photo Muppets in the Muppet Workshop in NYC, right alongside the Muppet puppets? The tag does read "made in the U.S." What a find!

His clothing looks like he could have been made for either Rocky Mountain Holiday promo shots, or maybe for one of the Viewmaster reel series (which are extremely awesome!). The rips and tears shouldn't be a problem for the high bidder, minor stuff. The inner damage they mentioned (probably foam deterioration) could be more involved, but Fozzie's definitely worth it! Find or make him a hat and tie (or with his clothing, a tie probably isn't necessary), and he'd be perfect! :D

Good luck!
    :)
    Anthony

EDIT: Whoops! Didn't see that Chris already stated that he's from a trading card set. Very cool!
  8. Kermieuk

9. MustSeeHDTV

MustSeeHDTV New Member

falseintensity you can spend the 4500? I hope you get it. Looks like you justed posted to your competition as it looks like Muppetfan123 is the high bidder (or maybe it's not him). I wish I could spend that much.
  10. MustSeeHDTV

MustSeeHDTV New Member

Are you bidding against him? Just curious if you decided to bid anyway since you said you don't know if you can trust it.

Whoever wins, post more pics!!!
  11. falseintensity

Ha thanks guys!
    Seems to be legitimate, so happy!
    Whoever got that is a lucky fellow! Or lady of course.
    Waiting to put my bid in towards the end.
    Gotta work 2 jobs if I wanna afford that, haha!
  12. muppetperson

They used the same photo for the phonecard, but they reversed the image to make it look different.
  13. Kermieuk

They certainly did. I have the phone cards to. Fozzie also wears this in a group line up with sunglasses also used on the trading cards and a bt phone card.

Chris
  14. muppetperson

I wonder if this auction will go right through.Previously, there was a Kermit and a Fozzie and they were both stopped.
  15. muppetguy

muppetguy Member

This is amazing. Too bad this is something I can't afford. I just hope a true Muppet fan wins this and takes good care of it, and restores it. Beautiful!
  16. falseintensity

Right? I mean it's worth a shot putting a bid in though. If I can't get it, I would love for Fozzie to go to a safe and loving home =)
    Muppet fan 123 likes this.
  17. Muppet fan 123

Muppet fan 123 Well-Known Member

Well, the original Fozzie? I don't know
  18. MustSeeHDTV

MustSeeHDTV New Member

The auction is closed now. Anybody win here? Last I saw it was at $3400 by muppetfan (may be not our muppetfan).
  19. muppetlover123

muppetlover123 Well-Known Member

20. PuppetMaster

PuppetMaster Member

Go for it!If anyone I would want it to go to a true muppet fan!:o:Your bidding on my???:mad::WHY NOT MOI!?!?