1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

Authentic Fozzie Bear for sale

Discussion in 'Buy, Sell and Trade' started by falseintensity, Dec 26, 2011.

?

How much is it worth?

5,000 or less 11 vote(s) 52.4%
10,000 8 vote(s) 38.1%
10,000 and above 5 vote(s) 23.8%
Multiple votes are allowed.

1. muppetperson Well-Known Member

Hi There!! I can now reveal that I was Muppet123, the first bidder and final bidder.I am over the moon that I have finally got my holly grail of having an original Muppet in my collection.My apologies to those who I outbid, but I wasnt going to miss this once in a lifetime chance.
    Muppet fan 123 and panmanthe2nd like this.
  2. muppetlover123 Well-Known Member

3. muppetperson Well-Known Member

The auction site took many pics.It will probably be some time
    before I get him restored to take new pics.
  4. muppetlover123 Well-Known Member

restored what are you talking bout
    and how much did you pay for him
  5. muppetperson Well-Known Member

The fur is torn on his back, stuffing is coming out of him, so he made need an internal rebuild and his pants need sewing and his head detatchment needs looking at.How much did I pay?-Very much! Lets just say I now have a personal loan that I have to pay off for the next five years!:o
  6. muppetlover123 Well-Known Member

WOW THATS ALOT
  7. PuppetMaster Member

8. MustSeeHDTV New Member

Congratulations on winning the auction!!! Are you going to restore it as Fozzie Bear or Ma Bear (at least that what the hat prop shows)?

Glad you got it, but it will be sad that you will probably be no longer be fighting for a photo replica to be made anymore (yeah, I know the idea is currently dead and probably never become a reality).
  9. panmanthe2nd Active Member

Wow. I would love to have an original Muppet. In fact I'd love to have anything from The Muppet Show, or any of the films.
  10. panmanthe2nd Active Member

Well done!
  11. muppetperson Well-Known Member

Thank you.I will be keeping him as Fozzie bear.I will be displaying Ma Bear's hat on one of those foam hat/wig heads with a photo face stuck on the front.Although,personally, my Fozzie quest has ended, that doesnt mean that I will end fighting for a Fozzie or other character replica.But, having said that, it does appear to be a dead end.I cant see too many companies or manufacturers who could do it.I tried Medicom but there wasnt much interest.I think the only other company that could do it would be Sideshow, but again they dont seem to want to take it on.Maybe, one day, Disney might take it on them selves as a theme park exclusive, but with the current financial climate, I dont see that happening.
  12. muppetperson Well-Known Member

Thanks.
  13. CaseytheMuppet Well-Known Member

It's good to see that Fozzie is in good hands!
    muppetperson likes this.
  14. muppetperson Well-Known Member

I will try and restore Ma Bear's hat first.I dont know if it can be saved.It is totally screwed up,craked and missing pieces.First is to run it through a steamer to get it back into shape.There is a risk that it might deteriate with this process,but it is a mangled mess anyway.Then if it survives,next will be to use a cloth tape to tape all the cracks together underneath.Then I am thinking of building up the missing pieces with hessian patches and finally spraying a clear sealer all over the hat to stop further break down.Fingers crossed that it all works!!
    KermieBaby47 likes this.
  15. panmanthe2nd Active Member

16. KermieBaby47 Well-Known Member

Good luck indeed! :) Anxiously looking forward to seeing your restoration efforts. ;)
  17. muppetperson Well-Known Member

Thanks guys.
  18. Muppet fan 123 Well-Known Member

That was you? That is so cool!
  19. muppetperson Well-Known Member

Ma Bear's hat has now been repaired.
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    KermieBaby47 likes this.
  20. panmanthe2nd Active Member

Well done! Look great.