1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

Authentic Fozzie Bear for sale

Discussion in 'Buy, Sell and Trade' started by falseintensity, Dec 26, 2011.

?

How much is it worth?

1. 5,000 or less

52.4%
  2. 10,000

38.1%
  3. 10,000 and above

23.8%
Multiple votes are allowed.

1. MustSeeHDTV

MustSeeHDTV New Member

Cool! Please keep us updated on your restoration efforts so we can live vicariously through you. :)
  2. Muppet fan 123

Muppet fan 123 Well-Known Member

That's so cool! I am so jealous!
  3. muppetperson

muppetperson Well-Known Member

Fozzie is going to be a big job to restore.There is hardly any foam left inside him.
    I have someone lined up to do an internal rebuild but it will take some time to do as they will be working on him in between projects.
  4. muppetperson

5. panmanthe2nd

panmanthe2nd Active Member

Great photos!
  6. Frogpuppeteer

Frogpuppeteer Well-Known Member

congrsats on winning him man...but not to be the naysayer or negative nacy..but are you sure you want to ...restore/rebuild him....wouldnt that take away his value as an original muppet collection item?
  7. muppetguy

muppetguy Member

It's been awhile since I've been on/posted in these forums, but I have to say, Muppetperson, I am SOOOOO thrilled that you are now the owner of this Fozzie. It definitly went to someone who I know will take care of it and see him restored to full potential. Congrats!
  8. Muppet fan 123

Muppet fan 123 Well-Known Member

Which Muppet production was this Fozzie used in?
  9. muppetperson

Sure, there are 2 sides to the story.There are people that will only buy "mint in pack" and "untouched" or "original condition" items.However, I dont plan to sell Fozzie, and I believe that if something is in really bad condition, it should be fixed to stop it getting worse and visual presentation, but at the same time, keeping everything as original as possible and working around it.
    KermieBaby47 likes this.
  10. muppetperson

He was made for "The Great Muppet Caper" and then retired to "Photo puppet".He has been used in a photo shoot for Cardz, which was also used by British Telecom as a phone card.
    Muppet fan 123 and panmanthe2nd like this.
  11. KermieBaby47

KermieBaby47 Well-Known Member

Fantastic pictures dude! I love your Fozzie shirt too, had never seen that one before. :D

Best of luck! Bravo to you for undertaking such an important and awesome project to restore & preserve this one of a kind piece of Henson history. Fozzie has found a wonderful new home with you. :)

Cheers!
    ;)
    Anthony
    Muppet fan 123 and muppetperson like this.
  12. muppetperson

Thanks, Anthony. There are also Kermit T shirts where it looks like the wearer has their head on Kermit's body.
    KermieBaby47 likes this.
  13. panmanthe2nd

panmanthe2nd Active Member

Wow! Was it used for the film? Do you have any idea which scenes?
  14. muppetperson

No, I dont.In the film world, they nearly always work in duplicate, sometimes triplicate.I suppose to become a photo puppet, he must have had legs, so I think he would of been used only for selected scenes as the legs would be a distraction and extra weight to use as the main puppet.
  15. MustSeeHDTV

MustSeeHDTV New Member

Awesome pictures! It kind of funny because Fozzie looks happy being with you (I know he will always looks like that). :)

Also, I surprise how much you really look like your avatar.

Thanks for sharing....and keep on sharing!!!!
    panmanthe2nd and muppetperson like this.
  16. Kermieuk

Kermieuk Well-Known Member

Great pics Muppetperson.

Does Fozzie still have that little tuft of hair on top his head as seen in the Trading Card/BT Phone card pic??

Your so lucky to have won him, if Im ever in Oz (I plan to visit one day) I'll track you down so I can meet him, lol.
  17. No1MuppetFan

No1MuppetFan Member

MuppetPerson!

AmAzInG photos!!!! I'd love to see your newly acquired Fozzie at some stage in the future if you allowed it. Where in Australia are you?

I'd probably need a valium to maintain my excitement *LOL*

PS - Who created your 'Muppetized' avatar?
    Muppet fan 123 likes this.
  18. muppetperson

My Muppetized avatar was done by Dave Hulteen.

http://www.etsy.com/shop/DaveHulteenDesign?ref=pr_shop
    I am in Queensland's Gold Coast.
  19. muppetperson

No, he doesnt.Thanks for the kind words.
  20. muppetperson

Thanks.That is the talent of Dave Hulteen, who Muppified me!!