Authentic Fozzie Bear for sale

How much is it worth?

• Total voters

muppetperson

Reaction score
Congratulations on winning the auction!!! Are you going to restore it as Fozzie Bear or Ma Bear (at least that what the hat prop shows)?

Glad you got it, but it will be sad that you will probably be no longer be fighting for a photo replica to be made anymore (yeah, I know the idea is currently dead and probably never become a reality).
Thank you.I will be keeping him as Fozzie bear.I will be displaying Ma Bear's hat on one of those foam hat/wig heads with a photo face stuck on the front.Although,personally, my Fozzie quest has ended, that doesnt mean that I will end fighting for a Fozzie or other character replica.But, having said that, it does appear to be a dead end.I cant see too many companies or manufacturers who could do it.I tried Medicom but there wasnt much interest.I think the only other company that could do it would be Sideshow, but again they dont seem to want to take it on.Maybe, one day, Disney might take it on them selves as a theme park exclusive, but with the current financial climate, I dont see that happening.

muppetperson

Reaction score
I will try and restore Ma Bear's hat first.I dont know if it can be saved.It is totally screwed up,craked and missing pieces.First is to run it through a steamer to get it back into shape.There is a risk that it might deteriate with this process,but it is a mangled mess anyway.Then if it survives,next will be to use a cloth tape to tape all the cracks together underneath.Then I am thinking of building up the missing pieces with hessian patches and finally spraying a clear sealer all over the hat to stop further break down.Fingers crossed that it all works!!

KermieBaby47

Reaction score
Good luck indeed! :smile: Anxiously looking forward to seeing your restoration efforts. :wink:

Muppet fan 123

Reaction score
Hi There!! I can now reveal that I was Muppet123, the first bidder and final bidder.I am over the moon that I have finally got my holly grail of having an original Muppet in my collection.My apologies to those who I outbid, but I wasnt going to miss this once in a lifetime chance.
That was you? That is so cool!