1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

Authentic Fraggle Doozer Puppet on eBay

Discussion in 'Fraggle Rock' started by Phillip, Oct 11, 2002.

1. Phillip Administrator

2. Traveling Matt New Member

WOW, what a neat thing to have in your collection...
    Anybody have some loose change lying around? LOL :p

It looks like Modem, Cotterpin's mother.

- Billy :cool:
  3. frogboy4 Inactive Member

Woah! Cool. My only concern would be the notorious deterioration of the foam latex. I wonder how one would safeguard against that. Maybe I'll ask at the next guild meeting.
  4. KPrell New Member

Hi folks,

It does seem to be the real thing.

I passed the Ebay link to several Fraggle folks and heard this back from Tim McElcheran, one of the special effects guys on the show:

"I remember that one. It was the welder. The sort of jack hammer affair with the threaded rod at the end of it had a rotating wheel and a spring-loaded zippo lighter flint that threw sparks which were not terribly visible, so George (Clark, the other SFX man) and I would wire it with a spark hit fired electrically. This always fried its monofilament (the clear fishing line holding it in place), so it would weld a joint and suddenly go all floppy. I think I remember (Stephen) Finney telling me that Faz (Fazakas, the Henson workshop genius in charge of mechanizing the Doozers) had given him one of the Doozers."

So there you go - a little piece of Fraggle history.

- Karen
  5. BlueFrackle Active Member

Karen,

Hey,
    I think i know this Doozer then...

In the very beginning of an episode, There is a Doozer with one of these contraptions welding something, And it takes up the whole screen.

And we see flashes !

Remember ?

see ya
  6. beaker Well-Known Member

$5,000 and the reserve isnt even met? I rather pay $25 g's for the Mayhem bus. ITs a stationary puppet as well.

So this might be the first 'muppet' to authenitcally be on ebay to some...but I think for $5000 its just a prop.

Thanks for authenticating it though Karen...but still,
    $5,000+?...eeek!
  7. Joggy Member

So it IS the real thing. Hm. I'm pulling back my doubts. I thought it was FAKE.
  8. Struble New Member

Maaaaaaaaaaaaaan, don't I wish I had $5,000 just burning a hole in my pocket.

*sighs*

Sh.
  9. Joe New Member

Someone win the lotto, quick!!

Joe
  10. Sweetums74 New Member

It is definately a great piece.
    The best thing about this auction is that it did provide really detailed pics of the guy. Enough details that if someone had the time, they could probably make a good reproduction if they wanted to.
  11. beaker Well-Known Member

I would be very very surprised if anybody tries to win this thing...I could see maybe $500, but $5000? heck no!

Maybe if it was a lot of authentic fraggle puppets(like the background ones used at Muppetfest for the fans to use) but man...
  12. Luke Active Member

$1,500 is probably a fair top price. I think it costs a couple of thousand to make an authentic Henson grade Muppet with basic animatronics (if any). With the doozer you've got the show history and the fact this is a rare piece but it is starting to degrade quite a bit.
  13. Sir Didymus New Member

Wow! I would sure love to own this. (Don't We all?!)
    I wonder if it will accually sell?

Sir Didymus