Authentic, Fully Licensed, Muppet Replicas Coming!

Status
Not open for further replies.

muppetperson

Reaction score
King Prawn said:
Is anyone else in the UK in the same dilemma as me that they really want the :smile: replica but can't cough up the $400.00 for international shipping. Any idea anyone is any distrubutor withing the UK will be ofeering them? I can't justify paying almost £330 for Kermit no matter how awsome he may seem.

So please does anyone have any info, I doubt Master Replica's are the only ones carrying their product.

Thanks
On ebay,there are a couple of Kermits pre order.You have to pay straight away but shipping is much cheaper.Master Replicas, Please drop Fedex for a more RESONABLELY priced shipping company!!!:mad:

King Prawn

Reaction score
Thanks Muppetperson for the advice. I used to use ebay a bit back when collecting the Palisades figures but I was never really a big fan of it.

I've sent an email to Master Replica asking if Kermit will be available anywhere else, hopefully they'll say someone picked him up in the UK and if not i'll probably break down and order him anyway, we'll see.

:smile:

RKUNKLER

Reaction score
How come the photo on Kermits page on masterreplicas.com is of the prototype? Since its coming out in June they are still working on it. Also why is there no mention that its the prototype on masterreplicas.com? You would think that there would be.

Bear Man

Reaction score
Hey there,

My shipping charge (to London) is "only" $240...I'm not sure why you've been quoted $400...

I'd check with www.forbiddenplanet.co.uk, and also the (unaffiliated) Forbidden Planet Store in Covent Garden, London, both of whom seem to carry a fair bit of the Master Replicas product.

I have my order in through the website to ensure I will get one if no UK distributors come through, but if either of the above places show up offering it cheaper than the £250 I'm currently going to have to pay, then I'll be cancelling my order and going through them. My other option is that I'm considering getting it sent to friends/colleagues in the US and then they can USPS it to me.

In Master Replica's defence though, FedEx does offer a *little* more protection than normal postal service, and comes with the huge benefit that it can be tracked anywhere within the world...as far as I can tell, while I think both the US and UK postal services offer parcel tracking, it is only for domestic packages.

King Prawn said:
Is anyone else in the UK in the same dilemma as me that they really want the :smile: replica but can't cough up the $400.00 for international shipping. Any idea anyone is any distrubutor withing the UK will be ofeering them? I can't justify paying almost £330 for Kermit no matter how awsome he may seem.

So please does anyone have any info, I doubt Master Replica's are the only ones carrying their product.

Thanks

Kermieuk

Reaction score
Hi All,

Like myself, I think we all panicked when we seen Kermit on sale and jumped in to get an order placed in fear of missing out.
As I am in the UK, I joined the collectors club, ordered Kermit then got stung for huge rediculous amount of money to get it sent to the UK, $228.00.

Luckily, I am getting it now shipped to a good friend in USA who will then post it to me, It works out so much cheaper.

For all UK collectors, I just recieved this email from CardsInc, the UK Distributor for Master Replicas............

Hi,

Please note we will be stocking the item through our retail dept (www.thecollectorzone.com), whilst the price has not yet been confirmed, I would think it would be in the region of £200 incl postage.

Kind regards

Richard

Either way, It will be cheaper than buying from MR?

Cheers

Chris

Douglas Fir

Reaction score
Well I'm officially in! I was unsure because if they are successful it's gonna be a big investment to collect them but I figure I can buy Kermit now and by the time the second one is ready to go if I have changed my mind about collecting them then Kermit should easily make his money back on eBay.

I've gone with Big Bad Toys - although their shipping figure to the UK is only an estimate so I hope I don't get screwed on that!

So when is Kermit actually scheduled to come out? And is Animal still going to be the next release?

Status
Not open for further replies.