Authentic, Fully Licensed, Muppet Replicas Coming!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Erine81981

Reaction score
I argee with everyone here who loves the idea. I've never been to Walt Disney, Smithsonian or the TV muesmue never. If I were to buy this Kermit the Frog replica I wouldn't then say, "I'm not ever going to Disney, Smithsonian or the TV Musemue becasue now I have a Kermit." I would never say that. Even if I had already been to all those places for years I would still go and see it when something new happned no matter what. I know theres ones out there that hate the idea but give it some time.

vaderdentist

Reaction score
Hi guys........I am a member of the SW Props forum as well........and I gotta tell ya.......I've been a muppet fan even longer than a SW fan!!!

I'm disappointed that this Kermit might be a statue and not a working puppet, but aside from that.........I love the way that Kermit looks. Sure the flash is probably not the best thing......but overall........no licensed replica has come close to that accuracy. You tell me one product that has the correct Kermit body shape......the correct hands/fingers/feet and overall head shape....even the collar is the right size. I've not seen one close to it!!!

One of the guys at MR was quoted to have been pushing them for a Pepe down the line......can you imagine if we Pepe fans finally get a Pepe that actually looks like Pepe........or an Animal that looks like Animal and not some weird crayon drawing likeness of Animal????

I think it's way cool and from what I've already seen at the Fall Toy Fair...........I'm gonna love this Kermit. If you can fully pose him and take pics.....put costumes on him etc etc........ITS A GOOD THING!!!!!

MR takes alot of flack.......yet not one other Company out there cares as much for the fan base of the licenses as MR. We should embrace this and give them feedback...........they really will listen and actually make changes based on the fans feedback! Ask BigDumbWookie.......he's seen what MR has done with the Star Wars products using the feedback of us Fans! Tell me another company that will even listen.......whether or not they can logistically do what we are asking them to do.

The way I see it......being a fellow puppet maker, I'm really excited to have the opportunity to compare my own fan made Kermit with that of one that was made using the real Henson patterns and fabrics and stitch orientation. You guys are missing out on a whole different dimension of the value of these replicas. :smile:

Dave

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
I'm torn on the issue. Just like I was on the auditions thing--but, then, I heard the voices coming out of that room and they were either spot on or close enough. Everyone I talked to said they went there not just for the job, but to maintain the integrity of the charactes.

Still if it will uphold the "intergrity of the look and feel" of these MR Muppets then I'm all for it. If it turns out to be a bulb-headed Kermit collectible, I won't be getting it. I have a pretty decent Kermit collection here (odd, huh, since Fozzie's my favorite) and only a few of those items will I brag on really because they really do look like Kermit.

I'm willing to see what's up, and I am sure that MR will be limiting the production quantity on these. Don't they make these things from the official patterns anyhow?

wes

Reaction score
Ok Let me just add a littile something, this all goes back to Jim Henson, I can not help to think that If Jim Henson Was alive that this Explotation of his charactors would be happening, (thats right I said explotation) the Man (Jim) worked the company up from nothing from his own imagination, creates his own charactor that are apart of him and now they are begin mass produced. Not by the origanal people but from some company lord knows where who Build science fiction replica of the millienum falcon.

I like to put myself in other peoples shoes, how would they fell about this, how does Jane, Brian, Cheryl, lisa,and John feel about this but most importantly how WOULD Jim feel.

I told my Wife that when i die that she is to not let anyone voice my characters because it will degrade the quailty of work, that only the original worker can produce.:grouchy: :smirk: :crazy:

(wes slowly steps off of soapbox shaking slightly)

Erine81981

Reaction score
wes said:
Ok Let me just add a littile something, this all goes back to Jim Henson, I can not help to think that If Jim Henson Was alive that this Explotation of his charactors would be happening, (thats right I said explotation) the Man (Jim) worked the company up from nothing from his own imagination, creates his own charactor that are apart of him and now they are begin mass produced. Not by the origanal people but from some company lord knows where who Build science fiction replica of the millienum falcon.

I like to put myself in other peoples shoes, how would they fell about this, how does Jane, Brian, Cheryl, lisa,and John feel about this but most importantly how WOULD Jim feel.

I told my Wife that when i die that she is to not let anyone voice my characters because it will degrade the quailty of work, that only the original worker can produce.

(wes slowly steps off of soapbox shaking slightly)
I feel so sorry for you. :sympathy:

wes

Reaction score
Sorry

I over did it abit didn't I :frown: :rolleyes:

My appologies:stick_out_tongue:
i hope i didn't offend any one!

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
wes said:
Ok Let me just add a littile something, this all goes back to Jim Henson, I can not help to think that If Jim Henson Was alive that this Explotation of his charactors would be happening
Did you never notice some of the stuff they (JCH) licensed over the years? I mean, there have been some horrible merchandise that looks nothing like the original Muppets. The only reason we recognize the characters for who they are is because we're told, "This is Gonzo, Piggy, and Fozzie." Plus of those 3 have always been hideous. If they REALLY cared about their licensing, those 3 characters' liknesses would have been better on so many levels where the products were concerned. I mean, really, they wouldn't be appearing on candied lollipops and soap--y'know?

At least this product will be more like the real deal, limited in number as all collectibles are, probably half of us here at MC won't be able to afford it anyhow (not without some sort of credit card, which I don't have) and as far as the integrity of the product, it looks like to me they're using the real pattern from the company.

Whatchoothinkin, eh? :smirk:

Erine81981

Reaction score
wes said:
I over did it abit didn't I :frown: :rolleyes:

My apologies:stick_out_tongue:
i hope i didn't offend any one!
No. You didn't. I'm just saying about you not wanting someone else taking over. Jim would of wanted that but if thats how it is with you it's fine. Charles Sulze (how ever its spelled) didn't want someone taking over his strip when he passed away. So I can see it. Hope I didn't make you feel bad. We have our own opinion.

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Erine81981 said:
I feel so sorry for you. :sympathy:
Don't post things like this in the future, please. It could be offensive and start some flaming. There are better, more diplomatic ways to share your opinion without coming off as rude. Your help in the future will be appreciated. PM me if there is a problem. Thanks.

vaderdentist

Reaction score
How would the Henson family feel......

I'd be willing to lay odds that Brian and his sister had to agree to allow Disney to produce such replicas when he signed the contract for the Disney-Henson merger. Disney has always been into merchandising and Henson Co. knew it before signing the dotted line.

My point is that if you are gonna produce a decent likeness of these favorite characters of ours...........MR is the folks to pull it off and ultimately protect the integrity of the original characters. They have done so with the Star Wars and Lord of the Rings licenses............I don't expect any less from them with the Muppets.

Let's see what they end up with........before we criticize what "might" go wrong.

Dave

Status
Not open for further replies.