Authentic, Fully Licensed, Muppet Replicas Coming!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
I agree. I cheered Muppets Wizard of Oz, but when I saw it on TV it wasn't what I'd wished for, but seeing it on DVD it's exactly what I hoped for. It's very good.

This can be surprising as well.

wes

Reaction score
Point taken....no offen taken either

true love to all the puppet people:stick_out_tongue:

Let Me calrify I like the Movies, its the puppet replicas that idon't really care for.
I think that the best post -Jim Henson Movies was treasure Island.

BigDumbWookiee

Reaction score
I know many of the people behind this project, and I know their love and passion for Muppets (and for Disney, and for Star Wars and all the other licenses they work on). I see this Kermit replica as a loyal tribute to what Mr Henson spent his life creating. Kermit is a living character on his own, and a product of this calibre really captures the essence of Muppetdom.

I have a mini bronze statue at home of Walt Disney and Mickey Mouse, it's based on the statue in the Magic Kingdom at Walt Disney World. It's Walt standing, holding Mickey's hand, pointing into the horizon. I own it, because it's a tribute to another brilliant man who dedicated his life to creating magic for people of all walks of life. I see the same thing in this Kermit replica. It's a respectful tribute to a character and the man who created him.

Sure, it's the responsibility of any business to make a profit, but the folks at MR got into this because of their passion and dedication to entertainment, and the tangible pieces that make it so real. MR is dedicated to its fans, and listens very closely, and always does what they can to respect the wishes and vision of the vast majority of their fans.

I'll bet the shirt on my back that Kermit will be one of the most successful pieces Master Replicas has sold.

And we're not talking about huge production numbers. This is PURE speculation, but I bet we'll only see about 1500 - 2000 of these. I dont know the price either, but I see them priced at a level where those purchasing it will treat it with dignity and respect, and will cherish it as a keepsake of something that represents a major part of their life.

Unfortunately, we'll never know how Mr Henson would have felt about this, but I think in this day and age of consumerism, and the impact licensing and products sales has on the life of a property, he would have supported a quality item such as this, that maintains the dignity of the property, and breathes a bit of financial support into it as well.

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
The next trouble for me after funding it is gaining a big glass box to keep him in for display.

BigDumbWookiee

Reaction score
Fozzie Bear said:
The next trouble for me after funding it is gaining a big glass box to keep him in for display.
I'd highly recommend CasesforCollectibles.com. They make a wide range of cases, and will make cases in just about any dimensions you offer. I had (had being a very subjective word in this case) to get a case for my Sauron replica helmet, and they were able to quickly create one for me. The cases is around 3' tall, and about 18" square. If they can make that, they'll definitely be able to make you a case for Kermit. I wont lie and say they're cheap, but for the quality of their cases, the pricing is very respectable.

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Cool deal man.

I know a lady at a local glass company. Wonder what she can work out for me there? They do windsheilds, specialty glass for homes and such. I bet they could do it.

But, of course, this is me putting the cart before the horse. The dang thing hasn't even started selling yet!

BigDumbWookiee

Reaction score
The cases from CFC are acrylic, so you'll definitely save coin over a glass case. Lighter weight too.

Erine81981

Reaction score
Fozzie Bear said:
Don't post things like this in the future, please. It could be offensive and start some flaming. There are better, more diplomatic ways to share your opinion without coming off as rude. Your help in the future will be appreciated. PM me if there is a problem. Thanks.
Sorry Kevin. I didn't mean it to be rude. Thanks tho for pointing that out for me. I won't have anymore comments like. Nothing aganist it at all.

Stulz

Reaction score
vaderdentist said:
no licensed replica has come close to that accuracy. You tell me one product that has the correct Kermit body shape......the correct hands/fingers/feet and overall head shape....even the collar is the right size. I've not seen one close to it!!! Dave
You need to find yourself a Palisades Mini Rainbow Connection Kermit.
It is perfect.

Status
Not open for further replies.