1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Christmas Music
    Our 17th annual Christmas Music Marathon is underway on Muppet Central Radio. Listen to the best Muppet Christmas music of all-time through December 25.

3. Sesame Street Season 48
    Sesame Street's 48th season officially began Saturday November 18 on HBO. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

Automatonophobic mother fears daughter might buy a Muppet toy

Discussion in 'Muppet Headlines' started by Bliffenstimmers, Oct 7, 2013.

1. scooterfan360

scooterfan360 Well-Known Member

the mother should get some help, she should not deprive he daughter of the Muppets. just because of a phobia, that she has.

2. gavry3

gavry3 Well-Known Member

I wanna know what its like getting scared from that... In other words, I wanna see her get scared.

scooterfan360 likes this.
  3. Pig's Laundry

Pig's Laundry Well-Known Member

A little dark there gavry. :(

4. gavry3

gavry3 Well-Known Member

:crazy:
    [​IMG]

Its midnight, why did I just scroll through Crazy Harry pictures... There is something wrong with me :concern:
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 3, 2016
  5. scooterfan360

:laugh: , omg your one of those people, that are curious to see, the reaction of people. that are scared of certain things.

6. gavry3

gavry3 Well-Known Member

I guess so, yeah. Sometimes.

7. scooterfan360

:laugh:.

8. Colbynfriends

Colbynfriends Well-Known Member

I had a run in with someone who was also Automatonophobic (didn't know the word till this thread). brought my puppets to school once, she was like "Nope" and left the room.

Torturing people with them for a reaction though is not a cool thing to do. It's traumatizing for whatever reason. IF they want the help they'll seek it out. Whether it's a rational fear or not.

MikaelaMuppet and scooterfan360 like this.
  9. Sgt Floyd

Sgt Floyd Well-Known Member

Wow, this board is full of sociopaths 8|

Wanting to see someone's reaction to being scared is nothing to be proud of. That just makes you a jerk.

MikaelaMuppet and Colbynfriends like this.
  10. scooterfan360

yeah, but
    um only one person said that they wanted to see her reaction, the only thing that I said was, omg your one of those people. that are curious to see the reaction of people, that are scared of certain things. therefore I'm not a sociopath, and nobody else here is a sociopath. and the person who said that up above , was just joking. so calm down, and have an nice day:).

WereFox and MikaelaMuppet like this.
  11. Sgt Floyd

And I was only moderately joking when I said this board was full of sociopaths. I still stand by what I said that if you want to see someone get scared just for their reaction, you're a jerk. If you support traumatizing someone for the fun of it, then you're a jerk. If you dont see why causing the discomfort and pain of someone else on purpose just for your own amusement is wrong, then YES, you ARE a sociopath.

Please remember that in english 'you' and 'your' can be used to mean just a general hypothetical person. I was not addressing YOU or anyone else on this board personally.

Colbynfriends likes this.
  12. Colbynfriends

Wasn't directed at anyone specifically Scooter. :) I just feel bad for the mom to be in that position of having that type of trauma.

13. gavry3

gavry3 Well-Known Member

I did not post that because I'm a sociopath (and I'm not), I was just wondering what they think of when they get scared and what goes on in their brain. Besides, it was midnight and I do not remember a single thing.

14. scooterfan360

okay :laugh:, then why didn't you put an symbol to indicate that ?

15. scooterfan360

I feel bad for her too, and I wouldn't dream of tormenting her, with something that she is scared of.

16. Colbynfriends

Something like that happened when I was little. I think I may have also suffered from it because I was really afraid of Child's Play / Chucky, and by association, dolls in general. My brothers teased me a lot about it. (even hiding a chucky doll under my bed, and filming it). Eventually I decided to watch all the movies, on my own terms. I found I really liked them.

17. scooterfan360

that happens to me sometimes too :laugh:.

18. Sgt Floyd

Alright then. The way you were talking made me think you wanted to see the woman traumatized for teh lulz. So in that respect, I'm sorry.

19. gavry3

gavry3 Well-Known Member

No problem.

20. scooterfan360

poor woman, I pray that she gets help.

Luke kun likes this.