1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Christmas Music
    Our 17th annual Christmas Music Marathon is underway on Muppet Central Radio. Listen to the best Muppet Christmas music of all-time through December 25.

3. Sesame Street Season 48
    Sesame Street's 48th season officially began Saturday November 18 on HBO. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

Automatonophobic mother fears daughter might buy a Muppet toy

Discussion in 'Muppet Headlines' started by Bliffenstimmers, Oct 7, 2013.

1. WereFox

WereFox Active Member

About the Halloween animatronics...I love them! I went to a Halloween store with my Mom, and I instantly felt right at home here! I claimed I even spoke the language of these creepy cuties! There were skeleton rats, a Cerberus, a werewolf, and some creepy little bears with sharp teeth. I loved them all! There was one animatronic bear in overalls, saying it wanted a hug, and I hugged it back!

2. Luke kun

Luke kun Well-Known Member

Show her Muppet Babies. It's a cartoon and they are cute. That'll be one step in curing her phobia.
    She also doesn't like all puppets...

scooterfan360 and MikaelaMuppet like this.
  3. EntropicOrgan

EntropicOrgan New Member

Did anyone notice that her daughters are named Liesl & Martha, like the Von Trapp kids in The Sound Of Music? There were marionettes in that film too (Lonely Goatherd). If she's a Julie Andrews fan, perhaps she should watch her guest spot on The Muppet Show. HEHEHEHEH

4. Luke kun

Luke kun Well-Known Member

I think she may be over it now, and the Julie Andrews spot could have helped her get over it.

5. Flaky Pudding

Flaky Pudding Well-Known Member

The only puppets that have ever scared me are the non Muppet-y ones. Things like marionettes and ventriloquist dummies have a tendency to give me the creeps. Jeff Dunham is really the only exception. For some reason his puppets (including the very controversial Achmed Junior) have never bothered me. I have no problem with Terry Fator's puppets either, but I find his shows to be a bit boring so I haven't watched enough of his stuff to truly form an opinion on that.