Avenue Q 5th Anniversary on Broadway

Jinx

Reaction score
Here's a link to Broadway.com's video feature on Avenue Q's 5th Anniversary.

It features original puppeteers Rick Lyon, Stephanie D'Abruzzo and Jennifer Barnhart.

It's always nice to hear a puppeteer's unaffected voice!

Oscarfan

Reaction score
I used to the original cast, considering the only trhing I've heard them in is the CD.

ISNorden

Reaction score
I know that Disney doesn't like their employees doing "adults-only" entertainment, and thought that Sesame Workshop might have a similar policy. If my assumption is correct, I'm guessing that Stephanie D'Abruzzo did her Avenue Q work before she signed on with the Workshop... :confused:

Barry Lee

Reaction score
I know that Disney doesn't like their employees doing "adults-only" entertainment, and thought that Sesame Workshop might have a similar policy. If my assumption is correct, I'm guessing that Stephanie D'Abruzzo did her Avenue Q work before she signed on with the Workshop... :confused:
I'm not sure. Because the girl who plays Gina on SS was on the Sopranos, and thats a really adult show hah. :insatiable:

Jinx

Reaction score
I'm guessing that Stephanie D'Abruzzo did her Avenue Q work before she signed on with the Workshop...

No, Rick Lyon, Stephanie D'Abruzzo and John Tartaglia had all been working for Sesame Street when AQ was in development...

jcnegron

Reaction score
Disney owns the muppet brand. Sesame Workshop is independent of Disney. But as far as I know Henson's provides muppeteers and puppets for both companies.

Anyway, it shouldn't matter what the background of the actors is. Many of the guest stars for the 39th season of sesame street like Jenny Mc. Carthy have done mostly adult comedy. Very racy in comparison to any of the acts you have mentioned.