1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

Avenue Q-Rod replica HELP

Discussion in 'Puppet Building and Performing' started by gooby1244, Feb 12, 2012.

1. gooby1244 New Member

Hi, I am about to make a replica puppet of "Rod" from the Broadway musical Avenue Q. Has anyone here done this before; if so, do you have any tips for making him? I am quite curious about the lower jaw-and I plan on doing this with sheet foam, so how would I get that big round look like he has?
    and i especially need help with his HAIR. Anyone done this before? HOW DID YOU DO HIS HAIR?!

Much appreciated.[IMG]
  2. propologist Member

Hi,
    Just buy a wig, get it on the puppet and then take it to the wig place and hey can style it for you.

Mike
  3. theAlexTN New Member

4. Keeermit Active Member

Don't use a wig , Rods hair is made from fur then trimmed and styled. Plus the amount of fur you need is much cheaper than buying a wig.
  5. gooby1244 New Member

i really like your replica, nice work. did you put hair spray in it to make it hold that shape?
  6. WillyThePig Member

on mine, i used a piece of foam for the front of it shaped like his hair (that sort of wave look and covered it in a small patch of craft fur that i found at Joann fabrics. I used hairspray to style it but it refused to stay where i put it so i put a coat of Mod Podge over it and i was very impressed with the results. but i do think that it was a little bit too dark.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/79648631@N04/7300021872/