Avenue Q UK

Punch'n'Judy

Reaction score
Interesting articles about the show can be found in today's (6th May 06) Telegraph magazine, and this month's edition of Theatregoer (available free from the foyers of most West End theatres).

Look out for the mention of Nigel Plaskitt...'the puppeteer supremo'!

Cheers,

James

ravagefrackle

Reaction score
yeah , just about all th puppets are thier now, i believe they are in rehersals

Punch'n'Judy

Reaction score
They are, plenty of ping pong balls being strapped to hands by the sounds of it!

ravagefrackle

Reaction score
Warrick i feel your pain,

i hate it too, but not much we can do about it,

firts big thing for puppeteers to come along in a long while , and they hire bloody actors , not puppeteers

Punch'n'Judy

Reaction score
Sadly I'm not overly surprised. Especially in the UK casting actors and training them to manipulate (or rather to jiggle, sometimes competently) is common place. The last two puppet productions I auditioned for didn't have any puppets at the interview!

Muppetsdownunder

Reaction score
It sure is annoying. They should hire professional puppeteers. Louise Gold might have been a good choice because of her experience. I'm not a fan of actors much but atleast theatre actors arent as bad as film actors like Tom Cruise etc.

I'm still looking forward to seeing the show when I come to London in September though.

Punch'n'Judy

Reaction score
Muppetsdownunder said:
Louise Gold might have been a good choice because of her experience.
Yes, Louise would have been excellent, sadly the adverts for auditions specified a playing age up to late 30's (if I remember correctly) and Louise is a tad older than this now.