Avoiding Destiny

christyb

Reaction score
*gets wet from the ocean*

Thanks Ryan. :smile: I needed that. I'm not quite done with Chapter Four yet. I'm hoping to finish it and post it today. So if you're not caught up everyone...you better hurry up and do so! :smile: Also, I'm glad ya'll are liking it and you're enjoying my little idea of putting us in the story too. You'll meet quite a few old faces who don't pop in anymore and also some of the newer friends.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Just so long as it gets posted... We'll wait, maybe.

christyb

Reaction score
Chapter Four

“Let’s run this over again. We have a month to get to Chicago’s theatre district, repair the theatre itself, put a show together, and make enough money to pay off $50,000? I’m not so sure about this,” Kermit said scratching his chin thoughtfully.

A honk of a horn blasted as a bright yellow school bus pulled into the driveway. Kermit could just see Lisa in the driver's seat opening the door as quickly as she could. Lisa and Christyb had been friends for as long as anyone could remember. They bought an old farmhouse set just outside of town. The old house spoke of days gone by. Back when cotton was king and her wide verandahs were as fashionable as petticoats. The two girls had worked hard at restoring the house to its former glory. The yard spanned on to what seemed to be forever with trees giving shade in all the right places. Unfortunately now they both were broke. This explained why the barn that Kermit, Scooter, and Rizzo stood outside was falling to bits. In Leland many debates sprang up about whether the bus inside held up the barn or the barn held up the bus.

Across the yard came a little green streak calling “Uncle Kermit” a mile a minute. Lisa was jogging behind laughing calling for little Robin to slow down. When she reached the rest, Lisa held up a finger panting hard. Between pants she gasped, “He…wanted…to…come…see…the…bus….How’s…..it…..going….in….there?”

“Yeah, is it fixed yet? Is it running? Did you take it out yet? What’s it look like on the sides? I’ve only seen the front. No one ever lets me inside the barn. Can I help fix it? Are there really monsters that live inside because Sandy Duncan at school says so,” Robin hopped excitedly around pummeling Kermit with questions. Robin now attended school in Leland. Shortly after Kermit, Croaker, Goggles, and Blotch invaded the schools the board opened the schools doors to all children in the area. To outsiders it seemed strange to see a frog or the occasional toad in a classroom, but in Leland it was their pride.

“Calm down Robin. Ask one question at a time. Did Lisa give you any candy while on the bus?” Kermit said reaching down to give his nephew a hug.

“Well with the three stooges in there together we should get there in no time.” Lisa said sarcastically.

“What do you mean it needs a new transmission? Do you know how much those things cost? Why on earth did you pick that part to blow? Couldn’t you have picked something cheaper?” Christy’s voice drifted to the group outside.

“Well, I didn’t pick the transmission this hunk of junk did!” Kevin’s muffled agitated voice drifted out from inside the barn.

“Junk! I’ll have you know this thing has class, style!” Christy retorted.

“Yeah it says tacky and tasteless coming through,” B. Regard was heard.

“That’s enough outta both of you. I should take this thing to another mechanic since you obviously don’t want the business!” Christy said stomping her way outside. She was covered from head to toe in grime, dust, and grease.

“Oh? You mean one we’d have to actually pay cash to?” Lisa said laughing at the frustration on her friend’s face.

B. Regard and Kevin walked out of the barn. Both were just as dirty as Christy. All three were equally frustrated at the other. B. Regard remembered that they might have a usable part in the junkyard behind their shop. Scooter wondered aloud how on earth Christy had come across such a wonder. Always glad for an opportunity to share the past behind what she called her “treasure.” Christy happily filled Scooter in.

Before she came to Leland, Christy ran upon a band with high hopes and low cash. It was a situation that fit perfectly because she had just wrecked her little red Sunfire. For some reason she took a liking to the gaudy hippie painted bus the band was trying to hawk off. So she paid cash for the bus and drove it into Leland with what few possessions she had. The band apparently never made it big but still resided in Nashville somewhere. Now Christyb was the proud owner of the biggest eyesore that ever hit Leland. Just to keep her neighbors quiet she parked it inside the falling barn located away from the road and out of plain view.

“It’s not exactly that bad…then again…it is kind of loud looking. None the less it’ll get us from here to there in one piece. I hope,” Kermit finished as B. Regard returned with what appeared to be the missing piece to the puzzle.

“Actually, what that thing really needs is a new paint job. Wait until we roll it out. You’ll see what I mean,” B. Regard tossed the part to Kevin and followed him into the barn.

“Don’t think I didn’t hear that! Don’t listen to them Scooter all it needs is a little washing and TLC,” Christyb motioned to the scrub buckets in her and Robin’s hands.

“Not to mention a little glue where some records have fallen off the ceiling,” Lisa added holding up a container of glue.

“A little help in here! We’re ready to crank her up!” a call from inside the barn sent Christyb and Lisa running inside.

Robin looked at his Uncle hopefully. “Go ahead, but stay inside the bus! That old barn might fall on top of you.” Kermit said as Robin ran inside whooping with joy.

A wheeze and a cough sounded. Wood creaked and groaned as the bus finally came to life and puttered out onto the grass. Much to the amazement of all the barn stayed standing also. Robin came bounding out of the bus. Christy sooned followed grinning wide. Lisa poked her head out and started commanding, “Guys if we’re going to leave tomorrow we still have a lot of work to do! Robin how about you help me glue these records back on? Christy you and the others start washing this psychedelic clown car.”

“Aye Cap’n wash the psychedelic clown car aye!” Christy called back saluting as Lisa groaned and threw what appeared to be an overgrown dog collar out at her.

Kermit picked up the spiked metallic collar and inspected it. B. Regard teased Christy about the possible poor soul she used to keep locked up in there. In turn she threw a soapy sponge at him. Pretty soon everyone was just as soaked as the bus. Scooter stood back a ways watching the group of friends.

“Don’t worry about those guys. You get used to them. They’re just as crazy as they seem though. Even Kermit although he’s the most level headed on the outside,” Rizzo said walking up to Scooter.

“I was obvious huh?” Scooter asked.

“Just a little. Then again, most people do when they first meet us. That’s why we call anything beyond the reaches of town ‘outside’.” Rizzo said taking a bite out of this large Dagwood sandwich.

“Are you coming too?”

“Yeah, Lisa and Christyb leave and my food supply goes out the window. The Tweedle brothers are staying for the time being…”Rizzo started to say through a muffled mouthful.

B.Regard poked his head from around the side of the bus, “You two going to help or just stand there?”

“Camf u semf I’mf eanting?” Rizzo mumbled taking another large bite.

“Well at least that thing is starting to look better,” Scooter said inspecting the bus.

“Nice statement huh?” Christyb called from inside where she was vacuuming the seats.

“You can’t even imagine the party Leland has planned for when you leave tomorrow. After all this time we’re finally getting rid of the clown car!” Kevin cracked laughing hysterically with B.Regard following suit.

“I heard that!” Christy said with an injured sniff and began giving both boys the cold shoulder. Robin looked at his Uncle Kermit with a question on his tongue, but stopped at the shake of his Uncle’s head.

By now Scooter had picked up a scrub brush and was working on the grill with Rizzo supervising, “What did you mean for now?”

“Eh, we’re a close knit group. Known each other for nigh onto forever you know? One half isn’t going to let the other have all the fun. Say you missed a spot right there,” Rizzo answered as a fly came buzzing around.

Horace buzzed around everyone trying to get their attention. Kermit jumped trying to catch him but missed, “What’s up Horace? Now that you’ve got our attention.”

“Croaker sent me over here. He’s over at the pond. He says to tell you the tadpoles have arrived. Zoop zo do dop de du.” Horace relayed the message and headed back the way he came.

Lisa came bounding out of the bus, “Well what are you all waiting for. The pond is right through those woods! Come on!”

Everyone dropped what they were doing and took off. Scooter ran behind a short ways thinking. These guys were his last chance. Although they seemed like a bunch of nuts with their heads in the clouds. “What have I gotten myself into?” he muttered catching up with the rest.

redBoobergurl

Reaction score
This story is so much fun! I love the description of how you ended up with the EM bus! I also like how Kermit got the schools to open their doors so Robin could go there. That's awesome! Yea! Tadpoles are born! Woo-hoo! Can't wait to read more!

TogetherAgain

Reaction score
CHRISTY! The bus! The bus the bus the bus the over-sized dog collar that was Animal's! And gosh, we're all so in character. Love that I was with Robin. And the way Scooter's kinda... well... All I can say is I don't blame him. And the TADPOLES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!

MORE PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Ah ha! 14 Muppets, 6 MC Members, and 1 TMS guest star!
Sandy Duncan huh? Nice cameo reference.

Touches of MopFam poking through, what with Christy refering to the EM's bus as her "treasure", and saluting Lisa in captain talk when washing 'er down.
Scooter's just starting to become part of the gang, and hopefully from there the rest will come and form the inevitable clump.
The tadpoles hatching! About time.
More to the point, I like how you have Lisa in somewhat of a command role, after Christy of course.

Oh, and one question... Might as well ask it now before things get more complicated with others showing up.
Remember back in Chapter 3 when Daniel showed up? And how he threw his tie at the Christy from the main world/dimension?
And then how that Christy woke up, rubbing her knees cause she was roller-skating down the street in the parallel dimension?

Well, my true question is... If that parallel dimension's Christy is now the real world's Christy... What happened to the parallel dimension's original Christy? You know, the one who was working at the Henson Fun Center, before Daniel showed up in the main world?
Hope this doesn't throw things too far out of whack, and post more when you can Sis.

christyb

Reaction score
:halo:
The Count said:
Well, my true question is... If that parallel dimension's Christy is now the real world's Christy... What happened to the parallel dimension's original Christy? You know, the one who was working at the Henson Fun Center, before Daniel showed up in the main world?
Hope this doesn't throw things too far out of whack, and post more when you can Sis.
Ryan...remember when we were talking about those holes you hope your readers never catch?? :wink: LoL To answer your question is that you're not getting one. First off to explain a wee bit clearer...

Chapter Two took place in the parallel world.

Chapter Three- up until where I write me falling takes place in the real world. That's when the two combine.

The parallel's dimension's Christy and the real Christy are one and the same. Basically the same illusion I use for Nicky and Mother in Mopfam during The Reunion where the two join together. Does that make sense?

Now as to what's happening to the bodies of all the Muppets and Me and whoever else is in the diner....you'll see.

Now for a disclaimer. I'm on a two week break from school. I will be posting story but it'll be dependent on how often I can get to the library.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Merging your selves... Sure, I buy that.
After all, it's a better explanation than meeting yourself from a previous point in time like BTTF or just having another Christy running around the place in that timeline like the extra Crow T. Robot in the 1980's.
Just post when you can, it's agreat story so far.

Java

Reaction score
Loved this chapter. Sandy Duncan and the monsters- nice touch. Everyone else has covered it all.

Don't worry about us, well do fine here until you can post regularly again.