1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 48
    Sesame Street's 48th season officially began Monday August 6 on PBS. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

Dismiss Notice

Azure Fanart | Muppets

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by AzureMischief, Aug 25, 2018.

1. AzureMischief

AzureMischief Member

Get ready for a Zel-avalanche (for sure ;)), guys.

But before posting arts, there's a couple of things I'd like to warn you about.

I used to draw and have lots of finished misc Muppet fanarts back in 2000s. Half of them I mailed to Ulitsa Sezam whenever there was a chance, and with the other, remaining half I'm not happy enough to post it here due to quality. I sure will share them if you'd like, but only when there'll be better versions of them.
    And second, now that it's been 5 years since I've got a 9-to-5 job, it sure does affect my drawing speed. So bear -> :o <- with me if breaks between updates may seem too long to you.

Anyway, it's an opening post and Azure Mischief proudly presents Zeliboba in his glory!

...eh, rather, Zelibaby, because here he is, actually, a teeny weeny newborn spirit. :) Drawn in now-free GraphicsGale...
    [​IMG]

...and painted with watercolours.

[​IMG]

And looky how the boy had grown up since:

[​IMG]

More to come! I can create a sister thread to show off non-Muppet fanart as well if anyone's interested. :)

Last edited: Aug 25, 2018
  2. MikaelaMuppet

MikaelaMuppet Well-Known Member

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 25, 2018
  3. Old Thunder

Old Thunder Well-Known Member

I clicked into this thread expecting good artwork certainly, but I am blown away by the uniqueness on display here. I’ve never seen a piece fan art that looks this way before, in any fandom. Fantastic work, I can’t wait to see anything else you produce! :)

4. AzureMischief

AzureMischief Member

@Old Thunder - Thank you so much, I'm genuinely flattered! :D 20-ish years of practicing and love for Zeli and his muppet pals weren't for nothing.

As for how long it sometimes takes me to paint a piece perfectly... maybe take a look yourself: <Example - 6 pics>
    This one actually had more than six previous versions, all flawed, and will likely have one (I hope) more revamp. As for Zeli being in his "wild" form - it's supposed to be an illustration for my fanfic about his before-Sesame life (and used to let me save blue pencils and markers, because they always ended first with that mantle of his, haha).

Anyways, here goes 'nother piece (now owned by a crew of a small theater). Le magic pillow/blanket fort! :D

[​IMG]

The bobcat girl is named Missy and is my own toon alter-ego. The guest stars are none other than Christian Elias Drosselmeyer (the one from Hoffmann's Nutcracker and the Mouse King) and his wife Martha. But since going on about them would be an off-topic here, I'll show more pics of them in another thread.

And since you guys are interested after all... Here goes this very sister thread.

5. MikaelaMuppet

MikaelaMuppet Well-Known Member

I really like your art @AzureMischief, and thought you did a great job.

6. Pig's Laundry

Pig's Laundry Well-Known Member

Wowzers! I'm with Ole' Thunderpants, here. These are absolutely unique and gorgeous! :flirt: