Azure Fanart | Non-Muppets

AzureMischief

Reaction score
(Sister thread with Muppet fanart here)

I hope you won't be too astonished by amount of E. T. A. Hoffmann's Nutcracker fanart in the opening post? :smile: Thing is, in both 2016 and 2017, I got to paint plenty of stuff dedicated to one of its main characters (whom I, since 1992, got to love like my own godfather/grandpa), Christian Elias Drosselmeyer. (And thanks to Lacewood Studios for their Nutcracker Prince, because I just cannot imagine him looking any other way. :big_grin:)

An ink take on the original story (middle part of The Tale of the Hard Nut, with Drosselmeyer's lament about his hometown):

In 2016 I learned about an interesting take on the whole story, created by a small theater in Moscow. They not only set the tale in a steampunk environment, but gave the clockmaker a wife named Martha. This, although a little unexpected, was quite a lovely surprise for me - for since then I got a fairytale godmama. :big_grin:
All of the fanarts in this post were my gift to the theater crew, and are currently owned by them.

Drosselmeyer's actor, with the Nutcracker and the Mousequeen. The gesture of all three is a nod to him actually knowing the sign language.

Martha's actress, with (cursed) Princess Pirlipat and a random mouse.

And just random stuff of the two being all lovey-dovey (and set already in original, Hoffmann-era environment).

(*Drosselmeyer wears a spun-glass wig that's hard to ruffle much, while Martha has real hair)

"You're just five lilies wide, honey~" (Or that was supposed to be a lily crown that constantly slipped off that wig, whatever :big_grin:)

...And two versions of their honeymoon in the Land of Sweets. By the way, both equally liked and appreciated by Drosselmeyer's actor (who, normally being a fitness junkie, still played along with "did I put on a little weight or-?" when I watched him on the scene). ;p

"Almondous Pair", ver. I

"Almondous Pair", Ver. II (painted later and not owned by the theater crew)

- and a story to go with it and explain both the pic and two birds on the frame. Feel free to check out if you want :big_grin:

More to be posted later!

Old Thunder

Reaction score
These seem very reminiscent of classic illustrations to the fairy tales and such. Nice work!