B for Sale

minor muppetz

Reaction score
(Ernie walks past Lefty)

Lefty: psst! hey, bud...
Ernie: (shouting) Who, me!?
Lefty: Shhhhhh!
Ernie: (whispering) Who, me?
Lefty: Riiiight.... I have a great, once-in-a-lifetime offer for you!
Ernie: A Once-In-A-Lifetime-Offer?!
Lefty: Shhhhhh!
Ernie: (whispering) A once in a lifetime offer?
Lefty: Riiiight. I have here a letter B.
Ernie: (in normal-tned voice) a letter B?
Lefty: Shh.... (realizing that Ernie wasn't shouting) oh, right. Yes, this here letter B is useful!
Ernie: What use do I have for a B?
Lefty: Well, what if you want to read a book, but don't know what letter it begins with?
Ernie: Well, I never have that problem...
Lefty: (interrupting, not listening) You just look at this B, and you'll remember. And what if you want to know what letter is used the most in the word habbit?
Ernie: That's a good question.
lefty: Well, looking at this B will remind you that B is used more than any other letter in the word "habbit".
Ernie: And it'll remind me that my best friend, Bert's, name begins with a B.
Lefty: That's right. And what if you're wondering if the word "Trash" begins with a B?
Ernie: Well, let's see, does it...
(Ernie starts to look at the letter, but Lefty puts it behind his back)
Ernie: I don't see it, so I guess not.
Lefty: That's right! And only one B left!
Ernie: I'll take it!
Lefty: Shhhh!
Ernie: (whispering) I'll take it.
Lefty: goooooood. Now, it'll cost you just a nickle.
Ernie: Okay. (is about to get a nickle)
Harvey Kneeslapper: (walking in) Hey, Ernie, do you know where I wanna "B"?
Ernie: Where?
Harvey Kneeslapper: I wanna B right here! (slaps B on Ernie's chest and then laughs and walks away)
Ernie: Hey, I've got a B! I don't need to buy one from you after. Thanks anyway, though. (Ernie leaves)
Lefty: Oh, will I ever....
Harvey Kneeslapper: (comming back) hey, I just realized that I used up my last B. Is that one for sale?

ReneeLouvier

Reaction score
Cute, that's a cute story!

I remember that from SS a long time ago. XD

minor muppetz

Reaction score
ReneeLouvier said:
I remember that from SS a long time ago. XD
Are you refferring to the reused Harvey Kneeslapper gag, or was there actually an Ernie and lefty skit where Lefty tried to sell a B?

ReneeLouvier

Reaction score
I seem to remember this was on a long time ago on Sesame Street. Maybe my memory is combining to the two.

MartyMuppets

Reaction score
There really was a You know where I wanna B? gag on Sesame Street where Harvey played the trick upon his usual victim Fat Blue.
I don't know if there ever was any sort of skit involving Lefty trying to sell a letter B to Ernie or not though.
Actually it's very interesting Minor Muppetz that you even have Harvey calling Ernie by name in your fanfic because as far as I remember Harvey appeared to be one of the few cast members who presumably lived on Sesame Street and yet was never seen to interact with any of the other members of the community human or muppet

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Bill Bubble Guy said:
There really was a You know where I wanna B? gag on Sesame Street where Harvey played the trick upon his usual victim Fat Blue.
I knew about the gag. I just wanted to reuse it as a way to get Harvey to appear with other regular characters, pull a joke on Ernie, and have Lefty make a sale.

Bill Bubble Guy said:
Actually it's very interesting Minor Muppetz that you even have Harvey calling Ernie by name in your fanfic because as far as I remember Harvey appeared to be one of the few cast members who presumably lived on Sesame Street and yet was never seen to interact with any of the other members of the community human or muppet
I didn't realize that I had Harvey call Ernie by name. However, Harvey Kneeslapper has appeared with other Sesame Street characters. I've read about a skit where Ernie was auditioning people to play merry men from Robin Hood, and Harvey Kneeslapper auditioned. I've also read about a third season episode where Harvey Kneeslapper was on the street interacting with a human character, Molly the Mail Lady, who only appeared that season, and Harvey Kneeslapper sang a song, Ha ha ha, with Big Bird and Herry Monster on The Muppet Alphabet Album (which was re-released on CD as Sing the Alphabet). I'm not sure if that song was ever performed on the show, but Big Bird did introduce Harvey Kneeslapper before he sang.

MartyMuppets

Reaction score
Actually now that you mention it I seem to have vague recollections about that Robin Hood auditioning with Harvey.
Okay so he has interacted with the neighbourhood but I think as time went by he must have started to become restricted to just appearing playing tricks on Fat Blue and other Sesame Whatnots

MartyMuppets

Reaction score
May as well bump up your fan fics I've already replied to while I'm replying to all of them.
Give some of the newer members a chance to see your work:smile: