"Back to Sesame's Future" - Another Lamefic from D'Snowth

D'Snowth

Reaction score
This is my idea of what kind of special targeted at old-school fans that Sesame Workshop should make for either TV or DVD for SST'S 50th... like the Old School DVDs, this would be for "adult fans only".

Chapter One - The Comeback

It was a sunny day on Sesame Street, as usual, the street was filled with the sounds of birds chirping, kids playing, monsters going "wubba wubba", and the ever-familiar "la, la, la, la" of an eight-foot tall yellow bird.

BIG BIRD: La, la, la, la! LA, la, la, la!

SNUFFY: (OS) Bird! Oh, Bird!

BIG BIRD: (Looking around) Snuffy?

SNUFFY: (Walks up) Hi, Bird!

BIG BIRD: (Turns around) Oh! Hi, Snuffy! Are you ready for our playdate?

SNUFFY: Gee, Bird, that's what I came over to tell you, I forgot today's the day I have to rehearse for our new dance recital for Snufflegarden.

BIG BIRD: Oh, right, you've been praciticing for your part for a long time now.

SNUFFY: Yeah, my mommy says I'm the best Snuffle Cloud she's ever seen!

BIG BIRD: Ah, well, I'll see you when you get back!

SNUFFY: (Laughs) Okay, Bird! I'll see you!

Snuffy turned, and walked away, as Big Bird turned to face the camera.

BIG BIRD: Oh, hi! Welcome to Sesame Street! I was about to have a playdate with my best friend, Mr. Snuffleupagus, but looks like that isn't going to happen... (Eyelids drop) oh well... he'll be back when he's through rehearsing... I wonder what I could do in the meantime...

Big Bird suddenly heard a familiar "dum de dum-dum-dum" coming from the arbor.

BIG BIRD: Oh, that sounds like Cookie Monster... I wonder what he's up to.

Cookie Monster was sitting at a picnic table outside of Hooper's in the arbor, patiently drumming his fingers, and humming his little tune, as Big Bird approached him.

COOKIE MONSTER: Dum de dum-dum-dum!

BIG BIRD: (Walks over) Oh, hi Cookie!

COOKIE MONSTER: Ello, Big Bird!

BIG BIRD: What are you doing?

COOKIE MONSTER: Me just waiting for lunch!

BIG BIRD: Ah, what's for lunch?

COOKIE MONSTER: What else? COO-KIES! Yah-yah-yah!

BIG BIRD: Oh... (Looks to camera) As if I couldn't guess.

COOKIE MONSTER: Oh, me getting SO hung-a-ry! What taking so long?

BIG BIRD: Oh, don't worry Cookie, it's not Alan to keep you waiting long.

COOKIE MONSTER: No-no-no, Alan good man! Very good man! He understand Cookie Monster!

BIG BIRD: Mind if I join you? I could use a nice birdseed milkshake right about now.

COOKIE MONSTER: Oh, yah-yah... pull up seat, park your feet! Ha-ha, that little rhyme!

BIG BIRD: Yeah! (Chuckles)

Alan strolled out the side door of Hooper's Store, carrying a large tray of cookies.

ALAN: Alright! Here we go...

COOKIE MONSTER: Oh, Alan! That all smell scrumptous!

ALAN: Well, I hope you like them!

COOKIE MONSTER: Me know me will!

BIG BIRD: Hi, Alan!

ALAN: Hey Big Bird... let me guess... a birdseed milkshake?

BIG BIRD: (Jaw drops) How did you know?

ALAN: Call it a hunch. I'll get right on it.

BIG BIRD: Thanks, Alan!

ALAN: You're welcome, Big Bird.

Alan walked back into Hooper's, as Cookie smelled the delicious aroma of the assorted cookies on his platter.

COOKIE MONSTER: Ah... next to eating cookies, me love to savor the delicious aroma of delicious cookies on me platter!

BIG BIRD: (Sniffing) Say, they do smell good.

COOKIE MONSTER: And now... for taste test...

Cookie carefully picked up a cookie, examined it closely, gave it a little lick to taste it, before devouring it in his usual fashion, making as mess as he did, while Big Bird lightly chuckled.

ERNIE: But Bert, today's a day to play games! A day to sing songs! A day that can only be made possible by an ol' buddy like YOU!

BERT: Ernie, I simply must get to the library before it closes... I have to return my copy of A Tale of Two Pigeons, before I get a late fee.

ERNIE: No more late fees!

BERT: Boy, that didn't last...

Big Bird watched from the arbor as Ernie and Bert made their way down the sidewalk.

BIG BIRD: Hi Ernie, hi Bert!

ERNIE and BERT: Hi Big Bird!

BIG BIRD: Wanna join Cookie and me for lunch?

ERNIE: I will! How 'bout it, Bert?

BERT: I'd love to, but I have to get to the library before it closes...

Bert was about to continue on his way, when the group suddenly heard a tiresome grunting growing louder and louder.

BIG BIRD: Is that you, Cookie?

COOKIE MONSTER: (Wipes mouth) Ah, nope! Not me.

ERNIE: Isn't me.

BERT: I'm not the one making that tiresome grunt...

The tiresome grunting grew even louder; coming down the sidewalk was an old face the gang haven't seen in a long time.

COOKIE MONSTER: Eh, there an old face me haven't seen in a long time!

ERNIE: Could it be?

BERT: Couldn't be!

BIG BIRD: It is! It's Dr. Nobel Brice!

Dr. Nobel Price was feverishly pulling a wagon behind him; inside the wagon was another unusual-looking machine, that he seemed to be very proud of.

DR. NOBEL PRICE: Uh, that's PRICE, my large, feathered friend, Dr. Nobel PRICE!

BERT: It's been a long time since we've seen you around the neighborhood, Dr. Price.

ERNIE: Where have you been?

DR. NOBEL PRICE: I... (Adjusts bowtie) Dr. Nobel Price, have been working non-stop for MONTHS on my latest invention... a time-traveling machine!

BIG BIRD: A time traveling machine?

DR. NOBEL PRICE: Precisely! With this machine, one can travel to any time in the past, or future!

BERT: Like tomorrow?

ERNIE: Or yesterday? You know, yesterday was a VERY fun day, I wouldn't mind doing it all over again!

DR. NOBEL PRICE: Anytime you want! I was just on my way to the science museum to donate my precious machine to their exhibit for all the world to see!

ERNIE: Can we try it out first?

BERT: Ernie, I don't know about this...

ERNIE: Aw come on Bert, it'll be an adventure!

BERT: I've had enough "adventures" to last me a lifetime... at least eleven years.

BIG BIRD: Hey, I'd like to travel through time too!

COOKIE MONSTER: Oh yeah, me too! Me already eat me cookies... me like to go back and do it all over again!

DR. NOBEL PRICE: I appreciate the appeal, my friends, but I simply wouldn't recommend non-scientists like yourselves to attempt time travel... the results could be a little messy.

ERNIE: Aw, come on? Please?

DR. NOBEL PRICE: You said the magic word! All I have to do is set this dial here for a specific time, and you will find yourselves there in a matter of seconds!

ERNIE: Oh boy! How about this time yesterday?

COOKIE MONSTER: No! Me want to go back to lunch a few minutes ago!

BERT: I have a bad feeling about this...

DR. NOBEL PRICE: One at a time, everybody, I can't concentrate!

The gang continued to babble about what specific time they'd like to travel to (except for Bert), that Dr. Price wasn't able to full concentrate on what he was doing.

DR. NOBEL PRICE: Alright! So as to not overwhelm yourselves, you'll be going on a short little trip... to YESTERDAY!

ERNIE: Hooray! Yesterday was SUCH a FUN day!

BERT: This is a disaster in the making!

DR. NOBEL PRICE: Now, nobody move a muscle! I'm about to send you back to yesterday...

Dr. Price adjusted his bowtie once more, before he pressed a large red button on his machine; a bright, green light beam was emitted from the antannea atop of the machine, and consumed the group in the arbor, and with a flash, they were gone.

DR. NOBEL PRICE: Yes! I... (Adjusts bowtie) Dr. Nobel Price, have successfully sent non-scientist types on a trip through time! (Checks watch) I should probably check back with them in about an hour or so...

Dr. Nobel Price grabbed a nearby cover, and draped it over his machine, while he went off for lunch, just as Alan walked out with Big Bird's birdseed milkshake.

ALAN: Alright, one birdseed milkshake... Big Bird? Big Bird? Hmm... where did he go?

Alan continued to ponder, before taking Cookie's now-empty platter back into the store with him. Dr. Price's machine may have been covered, but not completely to where we can see that through a miscalculation, he didn't send the group to this same time yesterday, but rather this same time on this same date... in 1969...

mbmfrog

Reaction score
Holy 40th anniversaries :wisdom:!

Now this is a good idea for a story, I mean just how different can life be for these guys when they went back to the street's very begininning on television.

Please do keep up this great idea of yours as it's off to a good start. :insatiable:

GonzoLeaper

Reaction score
Dude, as a fan of Back to the Future and Sesame Street (and the Muppets in general, of course)- I couldn't help but be intrigued by this one! Very nice- I like it so far. This would be great to see this kind of storyline on an actual Sesame Street episode- or at least maybe a direct to video special or something. They sort of did something like this with "The Street We Live On" special, but I definitely think that one could have been a lot longer in showing clips from the past. I think you're on the right track for a good time travel story here.
I can't wait to see the gang really explore 1969, run into doppelgangers of themselves and meet other classic, long forgotten characters.:smile::wisdom:

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Yep, once again, I not only failed miserably, but I failed epically... over two months, and hardly anybody cared. :smirk:

mbmfrog

Reaction score
Yep, once again, I not only failed miserably, but I failed epically... over two months, and hardly anybody cared. :smirk:

I still care as i'm a fan of such time-traveling stories and Sesame street tales, a story like this is truly the best of both worlds in a combination of the two. :wisdom:

D'Snowth

Reaction score
The problem with fanfics I've seen around here is you have to be in the loop of fanfic writers, otherwise, your stuff tend to go un-noticed, lol.