Back To Square One?(The Muppets' 60th Anniversary)

Muppet Master

Reaction score
One thing I have realized this holiday on TV is that there are barely any muppet movies or specials on. The CW will not air VMX this year sadly, probably because of the low ratings, and that LGMHS thing will not air this year, which I could care less about, probably because of low ratings. There is only one muppet apperance that we know will happen, and local channels are not airing MTM like they did last year. Also, MCC is not featured in the ABC family 25 days of Christmas commercials this year. That is kind of sad, because last year had so much muppet movies and specials on TV, and this year there is little to watch on TV that has the gang.

dwayne1115

Reaction score
The lady Gaga thing is on both Netflix and Hulu, and I think MCC is on Netflix as well.

Muppet Master

Reaction score
The lady Gaga thing is on both Netflix and Hulu, and I think MCC is on Netflix as well.
I do not want to watch LGMHS, but it is not on Hulu, and I already own MCC, I am just saying that there is little to watch with the muppets on TV this holiday.

goldenstate5

Reaction score
Well word is muppet vision 3d has been replaced by (ughhh) Frozen. Maybe a petition can get started. Maybe it's just for the holidays?
It's just for the holidays. Muppets will be back by summer 2015.

And I'm kind of confused on how "Disney Junior inserts" is the saving grace of this brand? That sounds extremely depressing if you ask me.

My opinion is that Disney has a gigantic year ahead of them. Lots of Marvel, Pixar and Star Wars plus an live-action remake (Cinderella), let's not forget Tomorrowland either. But they always plan ahead. 2015 could bring Muppet announcements, but not very likely any new Muppet stuff. All we can do now is wait.

dwayne1115

Reaction score
It's just for the holidays. Muppets will be back by summer 2015.

And I'm kind of confused on how "Disney Junior inserts" is the saving grace of this brand? That sounds extremely depressing if you ask me.

My opinion is that Disney has a gigantic year ahead of them. Lots of Marvel, Pixar and Star Wars plus an live-action remake (Cinderella), let's not forget Tomorrowland either. But they always plan ahead. 2015 could bring Muppet announcements, but not very likely any new Muppet stuff. All we can do now is wait.
These inserts are not going to be the saving grace to the brand....However it will be introducing the brand and Muppets to a younger audience. Not only that I have it on good authority that these inserts are going to be good, and not to kiddish so that us old school fans will be able to enjoy them. I've heard from an un named source that they where all ad liped and that it was basically the Muppeters playing around. which to me sounds like a whole lot of fun.

If you have never watched any of the shows on Disney Junior I would highly recommend it. the shows, and other content is not super edgy, but it's something that a family could all sit and watch and be somewhat entertained. So don't judge a book by it's cover, even before it's hit the shelf's.

DarthGonzo

Reaction score
But...they're just inserts playing on Disney's programming block for toddlers...

Mr Sweetums

Reaction score
I'm really hoping these inserts are just silly muppets sketches as opposed to anything educational, if it's crazy, clever and random i'll be happy, if it's crazy, clever and educational i'll be disappointed.

Muppetboy09

Reaction score
Inserting another pushback...

My Muppet Show App being shut down for good on January 9th.

dwayne1115

Reaction score
Inserting another pushback...

My Muppet Show App being shut down for good on January 9th.
Well that is not good at all.......I had heard that that was a fun little game.

I have been thinking about the old 1990 deal that the Jim Henson Company had with Disney compared to the 2005 buyout of the Muppets. I feel that if they could have kept the 90's deal that the Muppets would be as big as they where durring the Muppet Show days. Just look at the list and varity of the Henson library that was released under Jim Henson video, and Disney from 93 to 96.

http://muppet.wikia.com/wiki/Jim_Henson_Video

There was a good mix of classic Henson/Muppet productions and new things as well. If they kept this deal going there would be no question that Muppets Tonight would at least be out on VHS, and Muppets from Space and Kermit Swamp years would more then likely would have been done, but done differently as well.