Back To Square One?(The Muppets' 60th Anniversary)

Duke Remington

Reaction score
Going back to the Muppet Show DVD's, I also think that they're having trouble clearing legal red tape for bonus features in addition to the music and guest stars.

Like, if The Muppets Go to the Movies is to be an extra on Season 4 or 5, that means more music, celebrity and film clip copyrights to clear.

I also remember that Season 3 was supposed to have a new featurette called "A Frog is Born", but it got pulled because they had trouble clearing the rights to some of the clips it was to use (such as the "I Love Liberty" special). And maybe they're trying to clear all that too so "A Frog is Born" can get onto Season 4 or 5.

WalterLinz

Reaction score
Louise Gold has this perfil photo on twitter...would it be from the new muppet tv project? because Im sure Big mama hasn`t appeared in anything in almost 20 years!!

Awesome picture!! Hm...it looks like Louise is wearing a MMW lanyard from when they were filming the movie. Not sure though.:stick_out_tongue:

muppetlover123

Reaction score
This makes me feel that maybe there is a new muppet production, maybe a Valentine's Day special or maybe just those muppet shorts on that kids channel.
Well im pretty sure the only muppets used in the Disney Junior things were Kermit Piggy Gonzo and Fozzie

beaker

Reaction score
I'm hoping that Louise image is indicative of something interesting brewing...as SIXTY YEARS since the debut of the Muppets, and with two major Disney tentpole Muppet films in recent times...things feel DEPRESSING. There's no Muppet merchandise in stores, no muppet visibility out there. It's WORSE than the EMTV era.

Muppet Master

Reaction score
Well, at least there is a new generation of muppet fans that we did not have before with these two films which is a good thing, but ya the muppets need to get a new show or something on the web or just have TMS be picked up to be on some syndication channel.